Love Quilt i am making

Meggan

my boyfriend (of 4 years) and i have decided to split and jsut be friends while i am gone to school because of the distance between us. we still love each other very much and it hurts to be away from him so ive put my grieving into this quilt i started to make. i am painting each square and will eventually sew them all together. each square is something that we had together or enjoyed together. once it is done i want to send it to him to let him know ill still always be there no matter where life takes him.

background on the 4 squares. the little dinosaur one is because i used to say *rawr* instead of i love you to be cute, ice cream one because we used to always go out in the summer and get icecream together, hugz is well for hugs and love rocket is because instead of just putting a

I think it is a great idea to do this...but after all your hard work doing this, my suggestion would be for you to keep it. You are both young and either of you may end up finding someone else. If he finds someone else then your quilt may end up stored away or given away. Keep the quilt so that you can look at it and feel proud of your accomplishment...and so that you can make use of it. I would also suggest that some of those squares be about you and not necessarily about things you shared with him.

I think its a beautiful idea, although like Crazyaboutgdogs i believe you should keep hold of it for now. You are young and you will find that things change very dramatically over the next few years, the quilt will act as a reminder of good times when you are down so i think for now you will appriciate it more. If in time you get back together with him you i think you can then give him the quilt and it will be a way of saying how much you love him, it will mean more to him if you keep it while you are away from him. Just my opinion. Though only you though know whats best by what your heart tells you.