Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Purging the Inner Sanctum

Sanesoul

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can be sure I was thanking the Lord I am here!! I am getting better though. The swelling is mostly gone now. On the 29th I go and have the stitches out and see when they pull the tooth. I am sure everything has to heal first. Then they pull and then it has to heal and then they have to replace. I am still having pain in the muscles and nerves because of the local freezing though. My nerves often complain about that for weeks by gangling.

• 2 weeks later...

So my therapist wants my doctor to increase my dosage of Celexa because it's not quite cutting it. She also told me that I would need therapy for a LONG time. Gee thanks, I'm more messed up than I thought. She also wants my doctor to refer me to a psychiatrist to re-evaluate the meds I'm taking. I have three major, life-altering disorders. I won't give in though. I have to keep fighting. She's afraid I will become agoraphobic if I don't force myself to get out of the house and go to work. Well, I guess it's a good thing I can't afford to sit on my ass at home, otherwise, I fear that's right where I'd be.

A couple of good things so I don't seem all doom and gloom:

I have finally began writing in my handwritten journal again (haven't since March), and I love it. I didn't realize how much I missed it. It's really helpful for purging.

My therapist says that I am incredibly intelligent. That's kinda cool.

And the biggie

I quit drinking, this time FOR GOOD. I am on day 6 sober, and haven't had a single urge. I'm determined to defeat the beast this time.

10 days sober! I have so much energy. I love it. Yesterday I FINALLY cleared out my spare room and turned it into a craft room/study and it's wonderful. I'll be able to do so much more now that I finally have access to it.

I'm reading a lot, writing in my journal, having fun and generally enjoying life. I hope it lasts awhile.

He's had a nasty cold for about three weeks now (I didn't get it thank goodness), but he's getting better. I'm very jealous of him because he is going to Germany for a month in October for work. He's flying into where I used to live as a child! The company is paying for Europasses for him and his boss so they can travel while they are there. I told him I better get a souvenier from every place he visits. He's really looking forward to it, and I'm happy for him. It's a once in a lifetime experience.

Archived