I am a 32 Year old Female 5'10", 180lbs, slender/athletic build with no children

PrincessBOT

I'm distrustful of people who won't give basic information like that. i don't remember with whom, but we were having a discussion over this. oh yes, i remember now. he's much older than the person he is dating, and he didn't give his real age at first, and then his partner found out and got mad for him hiding the truth. if age doesn't matter, then why not just state the number?

my friend looks exceptionally good for his age (thanks to diet and exercise). it's like this - i know people who are 50 and are very active and good looking and always the life of the party - and others who are 50 and OLD. state of mind and body is very important. but still, i just want to know the number.

I agree, especially when it came about in a conversation. I didn't just ask, the topic of the conversation led to the topic, actually what he said, so I asked. Not to answer my question is getting to me. I told him and he said, he don't want to boxed in..Whaaaa.....

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My guess is that he is on the older side of your estimates and he is self-conscious about that, despite "looking good for his age."

Mine too and then he asks me to go out for the first time. I am still deciding should I go, our conversation is mostly him talking and not that exciting to me at all. Not that he doesn't keep it going, he does that well all by himself, very educated and articulate, but I am just not feeling it. Was willing to give it a try, but after this age thing I am like blaaahhh. So I have to decide by tomorrow if I will accept the invitation.....sigh.... I really need to get out and meet more people, lol....

i know and my friend and i had an argument over this - it's a turnoff to not answer such a simple question as your age.

Just wondering what side of the argument you were on. I ask because it would be interesting hearing the reasoning behind why someone would think its okay not answer. If it wasn't you and it was your friend that thought so, then what was her reasoning....I think people expect it from women, but a man that I trying to get to know....

i was against hiding the age. My friend (in his 40s) said it should not matter. i said it is a simple question. he said why does it matter, if we like each other, then what difference is the age? So, the story is this... hahah. my friend went to a club (he loves to dance) and met someone much younger. my friend lied and said he was 28. in fact, he is in his 40s!! like i said, he is extremely careful with diet and exercise, he's very youthful and likes to go out and have fun - he's not some boring 40 something who's let himself go. Well, his date's sister looked up his real age online (he gave his date his business card, the sister found out the age) and told his date the real age!! (the date is early 20s, by the way).

So, my friend's date got very upset about the lying. i told my friend that 42 to 28 is one heck of a lie!!! he is very stubborn. in the end, they got together and are still dating, but on the condition that he not lie like that again. oh, and my friend had to do some serious ass kissing with flowers and chocolates. but, they are together and happy.

Just wondering what side of the argument you were on. I ask because it would be interesting hearing the reasoning behind why someone would think its okay not answer. If it wasn't you and it was your friend that thought so, then what was her reasoning....I think people expect it from women, but a man that I trying to get to know....

If you can't be honest and open about a simple thing like your age...on what foundation does a relationship have a chance?

I think it's good to be straight forward about age. My boyfriend is 10 years older, but he doesn't like saying his age at all. Most people think he is 25, but he is actually 31. He looks a lot younger and many of our mutual friends are around 22 to 26. He doesn't want his age to define him, so he tries to avoid saying how old he is. I can see why he doesn't like saying his age, but would be upset if he had hidden his age from me. He did tell me when I asked about how old he is. It really does not bother me that he is older, since guys my own age tend to be very immature. Though if he continually hides his age and won't tell you, I'd be hesitant to keep seeing him.

Archived