gary847

sometimes it does. but it also gives you the opportunity to come to terms with that possibility. can also give the relationship some much needed space to breathe. promotes growth. something obviously wasn't working...for one or both of you. this is the chance to figure it out...and maybe begin a new relationship with your ex if you've both done some work to figure out where it wasn't working.

if you have some time...look for the ''it can happen if you really get your act together'' thread. full of wisdom...from people who likely asked exactly what you're asking right now.

When a person asks for space, you give them space by breaking up with them, and you head out the door wearing your sunglasses like P.Diddy and head out to a party.

LOL I learned that from my last relationship.

Make sure you got plans when you break up with that person or the person breaks up with you.

My Long Term ex and I agreed to give each other space with NC or LC and agreed not to date other people during this time.

Does space usually mean the end of the relationship?

I disagree with most people in this thread.

Everyone needs space at some point. Married people sleep in other rooms. Sometimes, people need to step away from relationships to see if they truly want them. I think everything relationship needs a 'break' at some point. People can get sucked into relationships and a time to clear one's head can do wonders.

Since you guys agreed on space, no calling, texting, Facebooking, etc. Re-read that statement ten times when you think about breaking it.

I disagree with most people in this thread.

Everyone needs space at some point. Married people sleep in other rooms. Sometimes, people need to step away from relationships to see if they truly want them. I think everything relationship needs a 'break' at some point. People can get sucked into relationships and a time to clear one's head can do wonders.

Since you guys agreed on space, no calling, texting, Facebooking, etc. Re-read that statement ten times when you think about breaking it.

Get what you are saying, but you are talking about married people or people in relationships. If you are in a relationship and want space, you are acknowledging that you want to be with the person yet you need some time doing your own thing. If you are telling an ex you need space, it's a very different animal.

A few more details - While talking

- she still did seem curious about what I am doing/if I am seeing anyone.

- When talking our relationship she frequently cried heavily -

- She mentioned that the "feeling" is gone and she doesn't know if it can come back. (Not sure what that means) (Can it?/Does it?)

- Said she didn't want me to sit and wait during this "space" time frame, I should talk to other women (but she doesn't want me to have sex with them)

I'm confused, What should I do? Do you think its over in her mind? Wish I had a cyrstal ball?

People who want space to do their own thing, then that's fine. Just don't go "I need space." because it's like a slap to the other person. Either say "I can't hang out or whatever because of blah blah blah." So the preson understands you.

If you want to create misunderstandings and drama go for saying "I need space."

Anyway, when anyone who ask for something that is out of line at times, they have a story more to it.

That's all I know.

If I ever get into another relationship, and the person ask for space and they don't know why or can't pinpoint, I would peace out.

Archived