Open Club  ·  31 members  ·  Free

Travel and Culture

Where should I take my leave?

alli

I get two weeks of leave in a few months & need to figure out where to go! I was going to go home, but my husband recently enlisted so he won't be home anyway. I'm not going to sit at home by myself so I might as well go somewhere cool. The Army will fly me wherever I want. I wouldn't mind a beach. I was thinking Hawaii but maybe I want to see more than just the beach. Europe? Maybe start in Germany & take a train to other countries. I think France has beaches but I'm not sure how warm it will be in April. I will probably just go alone. I wouldn't mind seeing my family but I also want to just go & do whatever I want. Or not, I don't know. I wish there were more females here so I could have a travel buddy. Maybe I can find a friend willing to travel with me. I just don't want to do a "family" trip. Where do all suggest going? Where's the coolest place you've ever been to?

i was going to suggest contiki as well. the average age of the participants is about 26, so you'll have lots of friends to hang out with! i've done the tours they are great. some people will want to party nonstop, others will want to go to the museums, others will want to lay out on the beach. you'll find someone you click with.

have fun!!!

Thanks for the tips; I might do that! The only problem is my leave dates can fluctuate; I can easily get stuck at an airfield for several days. I'll have to look more into it. Australia would be cool, if it's warm enough there in April!

I did Contiki tours in Australia and New Zealand many years ago and they were wonderful. I went in February/March. I think April should still be okay weather.

Archived