Comes right out of nowhere and sweeps me off my feet

My ex broke up with me like a month a half ago and I'm over him.

So I deciced to be single for awhile and just date a few guys casually.

Then I started dating this guy for about a week and we seen each other like every day.Time just flys when we are together and the sparks are flying like mad.We have allot in common, chemistry is there and we seem right for each other. His just as much as lovesick too, talking non stop about how great Iam to his friends and family.

He however came out a 3 year relationship which he had nothing in common with the girl and there wasn't really any chemistry to start with. He just tried to make himself love her and now he found me and actually has real feelings towards me he is thrilled.

My problem is I came out quite hurt in my last relationship and deciced

I would be single for quite awhile. Then this guy comes right out of nowhere and sweeps me off my feet.

I'm just scared I'll be hurt again.

Do you think I found another possible long term partner and if so what should I do to help aid your blossming relationship?

Talk to him...ask him if he plans this to be long term or short term (if it was up to him) Tell him you just came out of a bad relationship and was hurt and you don't want to have to go through that pain again, I'm sure he will understand and handle your feelings with care. I think this sounds like a pretty good relationship so far. Give it more time to actually tell about the long term deal because most relationships start out this way and then the sparks die down either pretty soon or always stay. Thanks. & Good Luck.

Under

It sounds like a rebound for both of you

If you are afraid to get hurt again then stop thinking about long term short term and try to just have some fun, go with the flow. You said you wanted to be single for a while so do just that, hang out with the guy but also hang out with other guys, you've probly got a lot to learn about yourself now.

It's only been a month and half since your last relationship and there is noway to to know if this next guy is going to be around a long time. You both just got hurt and are really excited about how this current situation feels, your right to be cautious and should remain that way, but don't let it slow down the joy the relationship brings you.

You could wake up one day realize you don't like him and end up hurting him but that is life and you must risk something or you will never get anything.

In life, everything can't be planned or go the way you expect it to. And in cases with love, it almost never goes the way you think it will. Most people get burned by love at least once in their life. The hardest part is actually learning to love and trust again, but you either do that and live happily, or spend the rest of your life being afraid and skeptical of who might hurt you.

The truth is, you're probably always going to be afraid that someone you care for may hurt you. That's the chance we take when giving our hearts over to someone else. If not this guy, than definitely some other guy 6 months from now who may not measure up.

Right now, just go with the flow! Don't get serious right away of course, but really get to know the guy. He could potentially bring a lot of love and happiness to your life. Don't assume that he might hurt you and push him away just because he wasn't a part of your 'plan' ... the greatest loves come unexpectedly.

Have fun and enjoy!

maybe it's a rebound...maybe not. I understand that the reason rebounds fail is because both people rush into it...so take your time and get to know him and you should be fine. try not to worry too much about getting hurt again because you never know what will happen and that'll just cause you unnecessary stress.

Update today the guy I been dating now for over a week now told me is scared to tell me so soon but he thinks he loves me.

As I mentioned before we spend basically all week together and his very much smitten with me.The sex is great, have heaps in common and both find each other attractive.He has said he hopes we'll be togther for along time and already told his family about me and introduced me to some of his friend which I get along with.His a very affectionate, friendly soft spoken guy.Other then things have been moving very quickly it seems like everything is going quite well. I feel maybe things are alittle good to be true so I should slow things down a few paces so I won't get really hurt if something bad happens.

Everyone's idea of how fast a relationship should proceed is different, and I'm definitely not here to judge you at all. But if you've only been dating for just over a week, then yes, I do think it's going a wee-bit fast for my taste.

Then again, this is a "swept me off my feet" situation, so do the rules really apply anyway?

Is this a rebound relationship? Who knows!

People tend to consider a relationship a "rebound relationship" if the relationship eventually fails. I'm almost POSITIVE there's people out there that are in the most loving of relationships who came out of hurtful relationships just prior to the one they're currently in. Who's to say it will or will not fail? How long after a relationship do you have to wait until a relationship ISN'T considered a rebound?

I think "rebound" is a convenient label for a relationship that you didn't think you were ready for, or that somehow failed. All in all, don't be worried about it being a rebound now. If you're enjoying yourself and feeling amazing, why would you possibly want to throw that away because it could be coined a "rebound relationship" by some?

All I can say is take it easy. Don't get to know each others life story in the first MONTH of knowing each other! Have fun, and don't rush into anything.

Like I said, bottom line -- enjoy yourself.

We often spend a great deal of time worrying or obsessing about "What will be." I have to agree with the reply above that you need to just allow it to happen. Every potential person who enters your life doesn't have to be a love relationship. Concentrate instead on developing a loving caring friendship. A wise friend once said to me, "I stopped worrying about love and allowed love to show me what it was." Yes, we've all been in hurtful relationship. It's the hurt that allows us to grow. Give it some time. If you're obsessing about being hurt, you and only you can control that. Take each day as it comes and be certain to set some boundaries in the relationship.

Good luck!

Update: we seen each other everyday for 14 days now and we can't get enuff of each other.We deciced we now are offically girlfriend and boyfriend and he invited me too Sydney to meet his friends and too meet his family. We still can't get enuff of each other and the sparks are still flying and his been sending me these sweet goodnight text messages on my phone So all in all things seem be going good and I doubt it's a rebound/