"It's nice to meet someone normal for a change"

bebeblondie

So I had a date/first meeting tonight with someone I met online. We had a good time but there was no love connection (at least not on my part). At the end of the date I drove him to the train station, since he came all the way to my town to meet me, and when I dropped him off, we both agreed we had a nice time and he said...."it was nice to meet someone normal for a change" I thought that was an odd thing to say but I just laughed it off.

My question is has anybody else ever said had something like this said to them, or said this to someone?

Something in the same vein. This was...oh....a long time ago...15+ years at this point. Met a guy from a newspaper personal. First words out of his mouth when we met for coffee were, "Oh my God....you look exactly like you said you looked!"

Seems he'd met a string of women who, um, embellished the truth about their appearance a bit.

Didn't go beyond that one meeting, but we did have an interesting discussion about the crazy stuff people do.

I don't think it's that bad. When I met my boyfriend, he talked and he was like "Wow, I really like you'. You act the same here as you did over the phone. I'm glad you like me too! I was worried you wouldn't." and I was like "I'm glad you're not a creepy old man." and he said "oooo I don't know" and we both cracked up.

I like that and I'd see it as a compliment - a male friend of mine tried online dating and said he met a variety of strange women so I'm sure he meant that he liked you really...definitely a good sign - and I'm not saying all women who online date are strange, or all men - I'm online dating myself!

Archived