what do you think of narcing someone out? (don't know if i was in the wrong)

Fudgie

Yeah I've smelled some funky smells in the dorm but I always know when it's pot because 1) I just know that smell and 2) it makes me feel nauseous for some reason. It's not that it smells bad to me...I don't know. I guess I just react that way.

You knocked, that's enough.

I smoked pot everyday for about 3 years, I even dealed for a bit and some other nefarious things. You can't be stupid about it though and expect to live in a bubble forever. That's the unfortunate side of the casualness of pot. I knew tons of people who drove while stoned (I did for at least a year). I knew tons of people who smoked in public (I probably blazed in the guitar center parking lot alone on at least 50+ occasions).

I luckily made it through that phase of my life without being thrown in prison etc. I personally don't care for potheads too much anymore and look down on them. If someone had ratted me out on the 3rd bag I bought over 5 years ago when I was smoking out on an apple in my parents driveway, it would have ya, hit me with a misdemeanor, but it would have also set my life on an entirely different course. I probably would be at least 2 years ahead in life compared to where I am now. I might have different values in that parallel universe, but that isn't necessarily bad.

Wow Philos I'm glad you moved beyond all that and didn't get in trouble.

Yeah I think if you're going to do something illegal, don't be dumb and just do it in private. I've never considered a dorm a "private" place because you can smell/hear everything that's going on with your neighbors and even people down the hall.

My best male friend does pot. He's not a pothead but he does it a couple times a year and gets really high. My philosophy is "ok, you go do in the basement (his) as long as I can't see/smell it, I don't care."

I want to work in the healthcare field and things like getting caught with pot can really set you back because they don't like to hire people who are caught with illegal drugs or the abuse of any kind of drug. I guess that's why I tend to shy away from people who do them, plus the fact I vomit.

Archived