Healing quotes to make your day a little better

I just saw the awesome thread:

Most helpful/inspirational things said to you after a break-up

It made me think about inspirational quotes I've been collecting. They always gave me a little strength when I feel down. I hope this will help someone.

“Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option”

“Find a guy who calls you beautiful instead of hot, who calls you back when you hang up on him, who will lie under the stars and listen to your heartbeat, or will stay awake just to watch you sleep... wait for the boy who kisses your forehead, who wants to show you off to the world when you are in sweats, who holds your hand in front of his friends, who thinks you're just as pretty without makeup on. One who is constantly reminding you of how much he cares and how lucky his is to have you.... The one who turns to his friends and says, 'that's her.'”

“When love is lost, do not bow your head in sadness; instead keep your head up high and gaze at the stars for that is where your broken heart has been sent to heal!”

The hardest part of loving someone is knowing when to let go,

and knowing when to say goodbye.

"The best way to mend a broken heart is time and girlfriends." - Gwyneth Paltrow

"The worst thing is holding on to someone who doesn't want to be held on to."

I thought you'd be the first guy

To prove to me that not all guys are the same

But really what you have proven to me

Is that they really are all the same

A woman is only destined to have her heart broken if she hands it over to someone too weak, too careless, or too distracted to hang on to it.

The worst thing: to give yourself away in exchange for not enough love.

I want to be remembered as the girl who always smiles even when her heart is broken, and the one that could always brighten up your day even if she couldn't brighten her own.

"Some Day You'll Cry For Me Like I Cried For You, Some Day You'll Miss Me Like I Missed You, Some Day You'll Need Me Like I Needed You, Some Day You'll Love Me But I Won't Love You"

"The day you finally decide to love me will be after the day I have given up on chasing you"

"I had a dream and it was about you ... I smiled and recalled the memories we had ... then I noticed a tear fell from my eyes ... you know why? Coz in my dream you kissed me and said goodbye ..."

I dont miss him, I miss who I thought he was

I’m going to smile and make you think I’m happy, I’m going to laugh, so you don’t see me cry, I’m going to let you go in style, and even if it kills me- I’m going to smile.

“There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are messengers of overwhelming grief... and unspeakable love. ” Washington Irving

“I was never one to patiently pick up broken fragments and glue them together again and tell myself that the mended whole was as good as new. What is broken is broken -- and I'd rather remember it as it was at its best than mend it and see the broken places as I lived. ”

Margaret Mitchell (my fav)

“Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of withering, of tarnishing. ”

Anais Nin

“Love can sometimes be magic. But magic can sometimes... just be an illusion. ”

Javan

“There is a time for departure even when there's no certain place to go. ”

Tennessee Williams

“Some of the biggest challenges in relationships come from the fact that most people enter a relationship in order to get something: they're trying to find someone who's going to make them feel good. In reality, the only way a relationship will last is if you see your relationship as a place that you go to give, and not a place that you go to take. ”

Anthony Robbins

“Let your tears come. Let them water your soul. ”

Eileen Mayhew

“If someone hurts you, betrays you, or breaks your heart, forgive them for they have helped you learn about trust and the importance of being cautious to who you open you heart to. ”

Unknown

“If your love does not work with that person, it just means that someone else loves you more. ”

Unknown

If you can't save the relationship,

At least save your pride.

- Author Unknown

Love can make you happy but often times it hurts,

but love is only special when you give it to who its worth.

"Maybe part of loving is learning to let go." - The Wonder Years

As I started to picture the trees in the storm, the answer began to dawn on me. The trees in the storm don't try to stand up straight and tall and erect. They allow themselves to bend and be blown with the wind. They understand the power of letting go. Those trees and those branches that try too hard to stand up strong and straight are the ones that break. Now is not the time for you to be strong, Julia, or you, too, will break.

-- Julia Butterfly Hill

Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward.

-- Author Unknown

Please share yours. I would like to expand my list. Thanks!!

I like these, they're all by Marilyn Monroe:

- "It's better to be unhappy alone than unhappy with someone."

- "...As for lovers, well, they'll come and go too. And babe, I hate to say it, most of them - actually pretty much all of them are going to break your heart, but you can't give up becuase if you give up, you'll never find your soul mate. You'll never find that half who makes you whole and that goes for everything. Just because you fail once, doesn't mean you're gonna fail at everything. Keep trying, hold on, and always, always, always believe in yourself, because if you don't, then who will, sweetie? So keep your head high, keep your chin up, and most importantly, keep smiling, because life's a beautiful thing and there's so much to smile about."

- "I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go. Things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right. You believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself. And sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together."

- "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."

this is the one I claim:

“Find a guy who calls you beautiful instead of hot, who calls you back when you hang up on him, who will lie under the stars and listen to your heartbeat, or will stay awake just to watch you sleep... wait for the boy who kisses your forehead, who wants to show you off to the world when you are in sweats, who holds your hand in front of his friends, who thinks you're just as pretty without makeup on. One who is constantly reminding you of how much he cares and how lucky his is to have you.... The one who turns to his friends and says, 'that's her.'”

It makes me cry.

“Some of the biggest challenges in relationships come from the fact that most people enter a relationship in order to get something: they're trying to find someone who's going to make them feel good. In reality, the only way a relationship will last is if you see your relationship as a place that you go to give, and not a place that you go to take. ”

Anthony Robbins

This is wise.

Archived