My mom won't talk to me...

So I am feeling a little blah today... I moved out Friday of last week from my parents house. I am 25 will be 26 in August. The last time I talked to my mom was Friday May 28th. I let her know I was moving out, and she wasn't too happy about it. needless to say the conversation didn't go well at all. I left and have not seen her since. I talked to my dad on Monday the 31st and he seemed a little better about it, and wasn't screaming at me and was willing to talk about things. so I moved out Friday of last week. I have not talked to them since. I sent my mom a text on Tuesday that said "Hi mom I just wanted to wish you a good day/week, and I hope you enjoyed your three day weekend. I love you!" She never responded. Her birthday is tomorrow, and I really am hurt about how she has pretty much excluded me out of her life again and so instead of showing up at her door I have made arangements for her to receive flowers at work. I plan to call her in the morning to wish her a happy birthday, and text her throughout the day, and e-mail her as well. Now I guess I just feel down because I miss my dogs, and I wish things were in a better place with my mom. I am sure she won't answer me tomorrow when I call her or answer any of my text of e-mails, so it really bugs, but its better then nothing... has anyone ever gone through something like this? it makes me so sad

I would say, give her sometime. People are usually not good with change. Not sure what you relationship with your mom is, but give her sometime. It is a change and she will need to get used to it. And eventually she would. I know it is pretty common in this culture to move out from parents place. My dad would not give me space earlier and he refused to agree for long long time that I grew up and could say or do things against his wish. It took him a while to adjust with this idea, but eventually he did. I would say do from your side what you have to do as a daughter on your Mom's BDay. But please don't bring ego issue that she is not talking so I will not talk. She will be fine in few weeks. If not weeks, in few months she will be.

Archived