my girlfriend broke up with me two months ago.

we were together for 2 years.

i go to the gym, hangout with friends, work a lot, and i'm just always busy.

don't get me wrong, i have a ton of fun, laugh a lot, etc..

but when i go home i just feel this intense emptiness.

she contacts me every now & again and it makes me happy.

but i just don't want this painful emptiness anymore, i've gotten a lot better but

this emptiness thing just sticks around & the missing her just doesn't go away.

does anyone know anything i can do to make strides in healing?

at first i felt like i was getting better everyday, but i feel that i've reached an impasse.

knowing she'll be home from school (back in my area) and wants a friendship in 2-3 weeks makes me distance myself from the idea of letting go.

help?

Hey there. Sorry you're goin through this first of all. I've been there and still have my moments. You need to really evaluate if you're ready for the type of relationship your ex wants from you and decide whats best for you. Seriously, sit down and think about it.

me personally, i am an out of sight out of mind kind of person. Because i can't deal with emotional pain the right way anymore after any of my breakups including a very awful one i had years ago, i was forced to back off completely, no contact whatsoever. it's been years since then, still hurts here n there, mainly in the mornings but i'm generally over it.

Anyway, sorry to steal your thunder. If you can handle being friends and seeing each other here n there, give it a shot, if you can't then don't. You have to really think about it though.

Archived