Just dropping in after a while away... Been broken up 6+ months and absolute nc for 4+.

It took me some time to stop taking peeks on fb / myspace, and I really didn't heal much until I did - so stop doing it to yourself. It's your choice.

I am 100% better than I was 5 months ago, but still not 100%. Do I miss her - yes. Do I think about her? Everyday. Do I have questions? Tons. Will I get answers? Not counting on it. Do I need them? No.

Would I have taken her back 2 months ago? Yes. Will I take her back now? Eff No. Have I moved on? Yes, sorta... I have a new gf and have more interest in seeing where this goes than knowing where things with the ex would go.

I work out regularly. I enjoy the things that I used to love that for the first few months post-breakup did nothing for me. I went through a short, but severe depression and have gone on meds for that and gone to a T regularly. It has helped.

Do I hate my ex? Yes. Do I love my ex? Yes. Do I hope she's well and happy? Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

I guess what I'm trying to get accross here is that the healing process doesn't come to an end... I don't expect to ever fully heal from this - in my case, that is probably a good thing. But, you go on living. You do not have any other choice. Each day gets a little better (and sometimes a little worse) - it is not cut and dry, over and done.

Don't wait for an ending to this... It does not matter if it ends. Keep living and find happiness elsewhere - keep looking. Keep moving. Keep doing for you - one day you will find that the pain is not as sharp and perhaps has left you altogether.

My best wishes to you.

That is a very insightful, inspiring post. Thanks for sharing. "I guess what I'm trying to get accross here is that the healing process doesn't come to an end... I don't expect to ever fully heal from this - in my case, that is probably a good thing. But, you go on living. You do not have any other choice. Each day gets a little better (and sometimes a little worse) - it is not cut and dry, over and done." That is so true. Sometimes, 'time' is the only answer.

I also just wanted to add that sometimes you truly do get 100% over it. I feel like I have. We are actually still friendly, wouldn't go so far as calling us buddies or anything. But the more contact I have with him, the more grateful I am that he screwed the relationship. I see him now with the fog of love/drama lifted and all I see is a guy that was profoundly wrong for me.

Ahhh....this is a new thread called 'The Argument Against NC'

Maybe someday I'll get around to writing it.

Sorry for the mini-hijack.

Keep coming back Dave, your story is close to my heart!

Dave, you just reported how people like us feel really mate while I was reading it I was like true so true after half of year that's how I exactly how I feel at first I was rushing to "End" it but at the end I realize I just gotta keep going with the flow and live with it take care mate.

Dave, you just reported how people like us feel really mate while I was reading it I was like true so true after half of year that's how I exactly how I feel at first I was rushing to "End" it but at the end I realize I just gotta keep going with the flow and live with it take care mate.

So true. Just enjoy each and every day as much as you can.

Do I hate my ex? Yes. Do I love my ex? Yes. Do I hope she's well and happy? Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

These mixed feelings are what I feel everyday. I use the negative thoughts to help me move on and reinforce that it's best he's out of my life. Hate is such a strong word but looking at it from my standpoint, I have every reason to. On the other hand, the good in me does miss him and remember the good in him. I truly wish him the best, but I wish the best for me even more

Archived