If you could turn back the hands of time......

DWT

If there was some way you could turn back the hands of time:

---Would you do it?

---Why? or Why Not?

---Would you allow yourself to have been in the relationship?

---What would you change? What would you not change?

I have thought about this so many, many times.

---Would you do it?

No

---Why? or Why Not?

Because you learn and grow from all experiences

Yes, I grew up a lot

I would've acted more mature in the later stages

I try to live with no regrets and I like to think I do my best with everything I do and give it my all, but that doesn't mean that in some situations I don't think about " what if" or kick myself for doing something I know I shouldn't have.

If I could turn back the time...last RS.

Would you do it?

Surprisingly, No.

Why? or Why Not?

Because my last relationship was a major learning lesson. I also experienced feelings I never did before. Good and the bad.

Would you allow yourself to have been in the relationship?

Probably. I understand we had so many fights/problems and our share of issues, but we also had good times. First few months were really great and I wouldn't change that.

What would you change? What would you not change?

When he broke up with me the first time I should have just walked away. Instead I kept going back for more and more. I would definitely change the begging/pleading.

With all this said, I still think life should not be lived with regrets even though we all regret some things. We need to move forward and not look back too much.

---Would you do it?

Yes

---Why? or Why Not?

Because I let things go down a road I never should have.

Yes but that's because we have a child together and I wouldn't change that for the world.

I started out standing up for myself whenever necessary and I was a very strong-willed independent person. Down the road however..... eventually he had complete control over me and my life. That I would prevent if I could.

---Would you do it?

Nah... I just wish I could re-live the nice times together though... What I really would want to do is go about 2-3 years into the future.

---Why? or Why Not?

Relationship with her at this point is not wise. To go back to just re-live the nice parts of us only to then crash and burn again would only be re-living pain again, something that I rather not do.

Hmmm... if I did go back in time.. yes.. as retarded as it was.. it was a very good time for me.

Not allow myself to become insecure and clingy and make her work more to get my attention.

Yes

Would have taken some time out, worked out whether i actually wanted to be with that person instead of reacting to their every whim, detached myself a little, and approached it from an intellectual POV. I would not have lost my dignity by getting angry and certainly wouldn't have let them know the HOLD they had on me through my reactions.

Oh yeah, and i wouldn't have given my heart away so cheaply to somebody who didn't deserve it. I also wouldn't have paid for so much, as they took it for granted.

In short, i wouldn't have lost my self-respect..

Many regrets there, but will learn for next time. Will be thinking about this a lot over the next few months.

---Would you do it?

Yes

---Why? or Why Not?

I would do things differently.

No.

I would have trusted my first instincts that something was not quite right and not gone down that road.

Petite, my answers are very similar to yours.....

I also try to live life without regrets.

Would you do it?

Probably not to really change much, but maybe to figure out what I still don't understand, if that is even possible.

Why? or Why Not?

This was the first time I loved someone so deeply.

Would you allow yourself to have been in the relationship?

Yes, I learned a lot, and we also had both good and bad times. When they were good, I felt as if I was literally in a heaven on earth. When they were bad, I couldn't have felt more miserable. But, I had loved her.

What would you change? What would you not change?

Some of the times when she was really undeservedly mean to me, I should have not looked past these moments without her really understanding my feelings. I actually felt most happy when she was happy. Her happiness was more important to me than mine. I wish I had some way of really understanding what happened during our bad moments and why she never really found a lasting happiness when that is what I truly sought for us. And as far as the first breakup, I should have also walked away and not begged and pleaded. All I got in return for getting back together was someone who never really seemed to give it her all. So I guess I eventually got nothing at all. I feel so betrayed, most of all by my own feelings for her.

---Would you do it?

No

---Why? or Why Not?

As others have said, and I have experienced, you grow during the relationship and even more when it ends.

Yes.

I wouldn't have changed a thing.

Would I? No.

Why not? Because it's over. I can use that experience to change my behavior now if that's what I want to do. No need to go back.

Would I allow myself to be in the relationship? I did, so yeah, I would.

What would I change? I would have left sooner.

What would I not change? The good stuff.

---Would you do it?

Deep down... yes.

---Why? or Why Not?

Because I have learned from this break up and I would love to show her I have.

Of course, I'm just waiting for the ties of time to do their move.

I changed many times I'm a ghost of my old self.

if i could turn back the hands of time i would have went with my gut and told him to NOT carry on driving to my house but to go home, which i nearly did but he talked me round and apologised (this was when he first came up to see me, driving miles...he sent me text from a service station saying he had hard on thinkin bout me and the cashier girl looked at it and smiled at him)

my gut said there and then he was just one of those types of guys who will have these adventures with girls

--Would you do it?

yes and no

---Why? or Why Not?

yes - because it was the hardest time of my life, from which i am still recovering years later

no - because i have developed much better character traits from going through this difficulty than i ever would have had if i had skipped it.

yes - but i would have broken it off before the marriage (my absolute biggest regret). i would have still had a lot of pain to work through, but it would have been nowhere near as bad as it got.

i wouldn't have let the grief overtake me. it became a way of life, to walk around barely functioning, sad and depressed all the time. i would have reached out to others more instead of closing myself in.

---Would you do it?

Yes, but ONLY if I could take with me the growth and lessons learned post breakup. I never would have gotten those without it.

---Why? or Why Not?

Because it was an amazing section of life that was shared, and I cannot help but actually see when and where the cracks started and grew.

Absolutely.

I would have really made a point to communicate better, along with really listening to what was going on instead of just reacting to everything. I would have made a big effort for her to do likewise. I also would have made every effort to change negatives into positives, even if the negativity wasn't coming from me or was hovering outside of us.

I actually changed my mind....

---Would you do it?

Yes.

---Why? or Why Not?

I was happier before.

No.

I would have held my ground and not given in. If she truly loved me things would have been fine in the future. And there is tons of time, maybe I could have enjoyed her attention without the need to compromise my own feelings.

If there was some way you could turn back the hands of time:

---Would you do it?

yes

---Why? or Why Not?

Because this relationship was a complete waste of my time, and the only thing I got out of it is the cheap thrill of wondering does he love me or doesnt he. When it became clear that he does not i lost interest. I feel so angry with myself.

No, it was abusive and pointless to me, I did not get anything out of it besides experience

I would really work on my self confidence and assertiveness, because I broke up with him several times, yet he still kept persuading me to be with him via manipulation. I am older I should have known better !

I have thought about this so many, many times.

---Would you do it?

Only if it was to change/fix the mistakes I made. But other than that, what is in the past, is in the past. The good times were amazing, but I wouldn't want to re-live the bad times.

---Why? or Why Not?

I feel like I left her with a bad impression, and I am disappointed in myself for this. I would love to go back ONLY to apply what I have learned now to the relationship, and make it better.

Without a second thought. Our relationship was amazing! We compensated for each other's flaws and this made it easier for us to work as a unit.

I would change the fact that I brought too much drama into the beginning of the relationship. I dragged her throughout my break up with the girl I was dating before her. The trust issues and insecurities that came throughout that time, ultimately spelled the demise of our relationship.

Archived