My Boyfriend thinks i'm insane...am I?

Siena

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sometimes I go to the cancer hospital and put on a bald wig to see what it's like to have cancer.

??? I don't get this post.

And having a bald "wig" does not show you what it's like to have cancer.

I'm thinking this is supposed to be sarcastic or a joke, but I don't like it or even understand.

OMG your boyfriend said you're insane? LOLOLOL dump him haha

I totally think it's super fun to be a waitress for two weeks, especially if your friend is as wild-spirited and crazy as you are. Also it's like you said, it's just like charity because you are totally not keeping the tips and it's like charity for those women who need those tips because they are full-time waitresses lol so you can feel good about yourselves.

And yeah it is like you are taking the jobs of people who need them because now the manager can have two workers for free instead of paying for his staff but who cares LMAO I mean it's not like you should ever think about the socio-economic ramifications of contributing to wage depression in the service industry, I mean BOOOOOOOORING

And don't worry about all the people who have contributed here and tried to make you see things from your bf's perspective the way you asked for in your opening posts, like you said they are all boring unimaginative people who cannot understand a crazy, wild, super fun spirit like yours COMMON PEOPLE!!!

xoxoxo

[Happy now?]

It's sounds pretty childish for me. Jobs should always be taken seriously, not used in a bet, especially in the food service industry where people who can't get into higher end positions struggle for these. It doesn't matter that the owner didn't want to hire anyone anyways, just the fact that you would consider doing something like this reflects rather poorly on you. It's an insult to people who work in restaurants that you would do this for a bet. Working in service is tough! You deal with long hours, stressful situations, crappy customers, and low pay. I would be extremely offended if someone with such wishy washy reasons worked next to me.

Erstatz said it best!

And to answer your question about whether or not you're "insane" ...err no, just odd and a bit childish judging by this post about your "super fun" bet. But okay, if this is your idea of being "wild-spirited" and having "crrrazy mad fun", then yeah... ok... I guess I have nothing more to say about that. Are you really 27 though??

Sometimes I go to the cancer hospital and put on a bald wig to see what it's like to have cancer.

This is sick...honestly...it doesnt even sound like a joke... putting a wig to feel what its like to hv cancer??? OMG, God forbid u ever experience it...

This is sick...honestly...it doesnt even sound like a joke... putting a wig to feel what its like to hv cancer??? OMG, God forbid u ever experience it...

I think her point was - you can no more KNOW what it is like to have cancer by wearing a wig than you can know what it is like to be a waitress by "playing" as one for two weeks.

The bottom line was both activities are mocking the other person/people and she was making an analogy to give a mental illustration of that.

It isn't Miss Firecracker who is mocking or putting people down, it is the folks who would partake in such an acitivity. I've seen a lot of her posts here, trust me it was sarcasm, she doesn't really think its a good idea to do either of these things (the wig or what you are doing).

It's sounds pretty childish for me. Jobs should always be taken seriously, not used in a bet, especially in the food service industry where people who can't get into higher end positions struggle for these. It doesn't matter that the owner didn't want to hire anyone anyways, just the fact that you would consider doing something like this reflects rather poorly on you. It's an insult to people who work in restaurants that you would do this for a bet. Working in service is tough! You deal with long hours, stressful situations, crappy customers, and low pay. I would be extremely offended if someone with such wishy washy reasons worked next to me.

U know what...people keep saying being a waitress is soooo hard, i dont believe it, its just the attitude toward the job that matters... of course if everyone wud be going to work with that sad face like she/he hates the job of course nothing good will come out, customers will feel ur negativity and respond unconsciously the same way... i always believe in being positive, doesnt matter what u do... how cud anyone enjoy the life if he doesnt enjoy 70% of it because any job does take that much time out of anyone's life and if u keep whining n complaining u will archive nothing... well, at least thats my model, i worked hard to get where i am right now n if i feel like hv fun in this weird and perverted way for some ppl - i will, and i ll do it with a smile on my face...

people keep saying being a waitress is soooo hard, i dont believe it, its just the attitude toward the job that matters...

Wow you are not going to make any friends during this little jaunt...

Tell a woman with a bad back or bad knees that it is a cakewalk that she has to stand up all day long taking people's crap all day for whatever tips they decide to leave her (or stiff her).

I was once told by someone you can tell a lot about the person you date by the attitude they give waiters and waitresses. Someone should have given your b/f this valuable tip when you guys first started going out.

Wow you are not going to make any friends during this little jaunt...

Tell a woman with a bad back or bad knees that it is a cakewalk that she has to stand up all day long taking people's crap all day for whatever tips they decide to leave her (or stiff her).

I was once told by someone you can tell a lot about the person you date by the attitude they give waiters and waitresses. Someone should have given your b/f this valuable tip when you guys first started going out.

U wud be surprised to know but i treat waitresses extremely nice, i always ask their name n leave pretty good tips, so please..do not preach me on that...

U know what...people keep saying being a waitress is soooo hard, i dont believe it [...] if u keep whining n complaining u will archive nothing... well, at least thats my model, i worked hard to get where i am right now n if i feel like hv fun in this weird and perverted way for some ppl - i will, and i ll do it with a smile on my face...

ugh, like a moth to a flame, i find myself in this thread again

anyways, i knew it. i knew i detected a hint of condescension about waitressing in your posts.

U wud be surprised to know but i treat waitresses extremely nice, i always ask their name n leave pretty good tips, so please..do not preach me on that...

just because you treat them nicely, it doesnt mean squat, if you believe their jobs are so ... trivial that it could be done by a bear doing cartwheels. Why not respect them, instead of condescending to them and thinking you can make up for it by "leaving pretty good tips"?

Siena... I find it rather remarkable that you are 27 years old and still living with this sort of mindset. Here's the last thing I'm going to say on this topic because it's pretty obvious that everybody in this forum is pretty sick and tired of the things you say.

There are a few disagreements over whether you should do this or not and whether you're crazy but EVERYBODY AGREES you are doing it for the wrong reasons and it's your MENTALITY that is the problem. You can argue whichever way you want but you posted here to see what other people think and it's kind of weird that you don't understand after 100+ posts telling you why your attitude is the problem.

P.s. You're doing a waitress's job for only 2 weeks, try doing it for a year and come back here and tell us it's a cakewalk. THEN, perhaps more people will see your point of view.

I think she is pulling our chain at this point because some of what she is saying is way too inconsistent, misinformed and immature for someone of 27 who says she is a financial analyst but I will say that going back to the original intent of this post, she wanted to know if we agreed with her boyfriend for thinking she was insane for doing this. I think after twelve pages later she has her answer. Yes.

I rarely ever post even tho I read alot of the posts.

However, I have an idea that maybe the OP might want to consider......altho, I doubt it because it might not be as "fun" or as demeaning as what she wants to do.

Why can't you and your friend go VOLUNTEER at a homeless shelter for 2 weeks and see who can stand being around the poorer, less fortunate people that the joblessness has created? It actually might even give you a bit more empathy and respect for others less fortunate than it appears you are.

JM2C

I rarely ever post even tho I read alot of the posts.

However, I have an idea that maybe the OP might want to consider......altho, I doubt it because it might not be as "fun" or as demeaning as what she wants to do.

Why can't you and your friend go VOLUNTEER at a homeless shelter for 2 weeks and see who can stand being around the poorer, less fortunate people that the joblessness has created? It actually might even give you a bit more empathy and respect for others less fortunate than it appears you are.

JM2C

believe me..i did it all...i just start feeling extremely sad doing it, now i just send the checks for the charity... i bet all of u gonna say im avoiding the issue...but who cares if i serve the soup personally or i provide money for smn else to do so...

I think she is pulling our chain at this point because some of what she is saying is way too inconsistent, misinformed and immature for someone of 27 who says she is a financial analyst but I will say that going back to the original intent of this post, she wanted to know if we agreed with her boyfriend for thinking she was insane for doing this. I think after twelve pages later she has her answer. Yes.

Right...i like how u change ur mind all the time...hmm, i wonder if u ever had ur own opinion

Archived