has anyone ever....?

i was just wondering about this webpage and how everyone writes about their own personal problems.

has anyone ever found some one they know on this webpage?

or at least think they might know who someone is?

maybe its time for me to start leaving out so many details from my posts... lol

My husband reads my posts, and I encourage him too. To be honest (and this may sound very, very sad), on ENA I am my real self. I don't need to hide anything and I can bear my soul. I can't do that in my real life. Everyone but my husband would think I'm insane. I don't have the mental energy to deal with that.

thats really a great idea insane heart, i know i wouldn't be able to share a lot of ideas with my "girlfriends" (i dont have one) not because of what i think but because when confronting someone face to face, emotions get involved and a simple thought can turn into something that was not what you wanted to say and end worse.

Not as far as I know. It helps that there appears to be more Americans than British here, though I can't imagine why. Since I have my picture as my avatar, I guess it'd be easy for someone I knew to find me but this is why I never write my email address or real name down in full - I don't want to be found. I don't want to have to go back through my history deleting all the things I've said about dates or ex-boyfriends in case someone reads and repeats them.

I think it's great that someone people can let their SO's read this place but I'd be mortified, here is where I come to vent when me and my boyfriend argue or disagree!

I'm from Ireland and I've only seen one other person on here from there too so I don't think it's likely. Someone might Google something and end up here and recognise me from my nickname (which I've had since I was 17) and my experiences but I wouldn't care. I think that unless you're just confused and venting whatever you have to say is the truth (as you see it) so I wouldn't care who knew it. At some point I could actually see myself encouraging an SO to read my posts too as that might be a good opportunity to utilise a more coherent way of expressing myself!

• 2 weeks later...

I calculated the probability once of some random person I know, randomly coming into contact with ENA and finding me. Turned out that it was not that high. Also I am pretty confident in the things I say and got nothing to hide. As such, I don't really have much issues with having my pic as avatar and talking freely about my life. If *crap* happens, then w/e lol...

Saw it happen this week in the healing after break up forum. Apparently the girl found out her ex had been posting about her and called him out on it.

Ahh....thats sweet.

I'm super-careful about revealing who I really am

I've been careful not to name places, and I've used a different nickname from what I usually use online.

Although I'm not ashamed, if the ex I discussed here found me I've not written anything I wouldn't want him to see.

I do find myself sometimes wondering if a poster is my ex/the other girl though.

yeah i do all that too, but then again i feel like maybe i give to many details about my ex,

sometimes i read other girls posts and i freak out and i think it might be her! but then i read other posts by them and they turn out to be girls 1000 of miles away

Archived