Bummed about not being "allowed" to hang out with a friend anymore

Alabama

I feel I'm at at fault but not sure. I asked a friend if they wanted to hang out. Well they can't. They're a girl by the way, and her fiance is not allowing her to hang out with me because I'm a guy (I've also known this girl since high school). I understand his position (and his feelings) but I think it's stupid. All I can do is accept it, however under certain conditions (I get a girlfriend) I can hang out with them as a couple, but not one on one. Whatever.

Generally speaking, I have never met a guy like that, that I didn't think was a complete douche. He's stopping a friendship, even though he's going to marry the girl who loves him, and is still worried about her sleeping around?

Hope she's happy being restricted by all of his rules in the marriage.

You did nothing wrong. She and her fiance have agreed to certain terms in their relationship (it's not just him preventing her, she's staying and agreeing with it). It's unfortunate that her fiance is so insecure, but she's going right along with it so it's also her choice to suddenly freeze you out after knowing you for years.

I suppose I feel at fault like I "pushed her" or "pulled her arm" to hang out, but I really didn't (we only hung out 3 times over a 2 year period). So it seems odd that now I'm being freezed out and not before hand. But I'll get over it. Thanks everyone.

Archived