Connected for life.

shenanigans

To make a long story short, my ex and I were together for 3 1/2 years officially and for the last year have been together but living seperately because he had a meltdown and dumped me last year, left all his friends, quit his job, and stopped seeing his daughter for a couple of months. Things were going great up until a couple of weeks ago when he met another girl, dumped me on the 18th, said all this horrible stuff about faking his way through the relationship for the last 2 years, and now here I am.

NC is impossible because we have a daughter together and obviously she comes first. I am also having a difficult time with LC because his family has practically become my own family. I work with his sister, she is one of my good friends, and his parent's love me and talk to me regularly.

I do great on most days, but on the nights like tonight where he has our daughter and all of my friends are busy..I get lonely and want to text him. My house is spotless from trying to stay occupied but alas it failed and I texted him which turned into a big fight.

Seriously, how can I do this if we are connected for life?!

You have to communicate because of the child, but you can keep it low contact. Only contact eachother when it is absolutely necessary (exchanging daughter when the other has visitation, etc., or its their time to see her). Do not listen to the small talk, don't be an ear about eachother's day. You can even arrange perhaps to have him see her at his parents house while they are babysitting her and you are not there. As far as the family - you have a choice. It probably is in your child's best interest to have relationships with them, but do not go to family functions where he will be present until you can heal. Keep the relationships one on one. Maybe scale back if you want and only pursue contact that is for the benefit of the child to heal as well.

Archived