Countdown till you see you SO.

Why is he unable to apply for his passport until he gets out? Sorry, I'm not prying, just trying to understand.

And what criteria needs to be met? Also asking out of curiosity, as I'm working on the fiance visa myself.

In Iran, the boys/men have to complete national service to the country for at least 18 months, before they are allowed to leave the country and have a passport. (There are special circumstances it can be amended)

I need to be working for a certain period of time and (not relying on government support), where as just now I am because I am studying.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In Iran, the boys/men have to complete national service to the country for at least 18 months, before they are allowed to leave the country and have a passport. (There are special circumstances it can be amended)

I need to be working for a certain period of time and (not relying on government support), where as just now I am because I am studying.

based on my limited knowledge there are circumstaces where you dont have to complete the service..in fact apart from during Iran-Iraq war I don't know of any males that had to do it..its so unlucky that your guy has to

Have to talked to any immigration lawyers? there are so many ways to work around the requirements ..maybe he could originally apply for a different class?

My boyfriend might be getting an apartment in a couple of months. It's amazing, because when I finish university he said that I can go there with him anytime I want, permanently even! It means that we could end the distance within a year, it all depends on my situation really.

And yes I have looked up on the implications of moving abroad, luckily we are both EU countries, and I found a language course that is perfect for me in Copenhagen and is affordable too.

aaww its so great to see happy endings

Archived