Countdown till you see you SO.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

23 days. for those with 100+ days to go or in between visits... you have all my respect and admiration. i could never go without seeing him for more than 3 months at a time on a regular basis, and would sell all my worldly possessions before i would let that happen.

It's not about "letting" it happen, believe me.

Well, I mean, obviously I can't go whenever I want. But just out of curiosity, is finance the main inhibitor, or are there other reasons (ie: school, family, children, etc..) you don't visit each other more often?

Well, I mean, obviously I can't go whenever I want. But just out of curiosity, is finance the main inhibitor, or are there other reasons (ie: school, family, children, etc..) you don't visit each other more often?

Not so much finance...But it's both the distance (6000 miles, it's not like I can visit him over the weekend) and getting enough time off from work.

Not so much finance...But it's both the distance (6000 miles, it's not like I can visit him over the weekend) and getting enough time off from work.

I see. I don't know how you manage! We're 7000 miles apart too, on opposite sides of the world, but we both really feel the need to see each other at least once every 3 months and it's still very hard. Thankfully, he gets about 20 vacation days a year, while I'm a student. I went for 10 days during my reading week in March, he's here for 10 days in the beginning June, and then we go on vacation together in late August. It's expensive and exhausting for sure, but I think we would both go crazy if we had to go longer than that, so hats off to you and your partner! I don't think either of us are nearly as patient.

Archived