Is it strange for a woman to have a high sex drive?

Nidania

Just wondering here...

I've been reading a lot of threads on how women are losing interest in sex, how they're not wanting to have sex more than once per week if even that often, how they "use" sex to get a man into a relationship.

Do most women have a low sex drive?

Mine must be abnormal... I'm 35, and I'm finding the older I'm getting, the higher the drive is getting. I masturbate daily, sometimes twice or three times per day. I fantasize about having sex a lot of the time, and considering I haven't actually had sex in 18 months, I'm starting to feel like there's something wrong with me. The sex I did have the few years before the dry spell was ridiculously unsatisfying for many reasons.

Is it weird for a woman to have a high sex drive? Am I somehow not "working" right?

Just wondering here...

I've been reading a lot of threads on how women are losing interest in sex, how they're not wanting to have sex more than once per week if even that often, how they "use" sex to get a man into a relationship.

Do most women have a low sex drive?

Mine must be abnormal... I'm 35, and I'm finding the older I'm getting, the higher the drive is getting. I masturbate daily, sometimes twice or three times per day. I fantasize about having sex a lot of the time, and considering I haven't actually had sex in 18 months, I'm starting to feel like there's something wrong with me. The sex I did have the few years before the dry spell was ridiculously unsatisfying for many reasons.

Is it weird for a woman to have a high sex drive? Am I somehow not "working" right?[/QUOTE]

If it is then drag me away to the looney bin!!! I would say I have a pretty hig sex drive and I do not think there is anything wrong with me.

I am sure you are fine!

I hope it's not strange....

Because I have a REALLY high one. My SO sometimes calls me a pervert because I always find myself groping him ahahhahha.

But, seriously, no...women are human too and they CAN be built to enjoy and want sex just as a man would.

LMAO....my boyfriend says the same thing to me. In fact he was like "I have never a girl who wants to have sex as much or more than a guy!"

I think women actually are wanting it more now. In this day and age, women are liberated and are allowed (at least a little more) to want sex as much as men do. It's perfectlly normal for a woman to desire sex. Now, how much, of course still has boundries. If all you think about is sex and you find yourself getting into bad situations because of it then you may have a problem and should see a therapist. However, if you enjoy sex and desire it, then you are simply doing what God designed you to.

I too have an above average sex drive, at least it was higher than my 2nd ex husbands. He was happy with 3 times a week I wanted like 5. Now I'm on meds that have reduced my drive which is good because I've been single since the divorce, but it's killing me at the same time. Anyway I still have to masterbate and I do that often enough.

No you're not usual supposedly you peak out around age 36 so you're right in with what I learned in highschool and back then I was like a higher sex drive it would be unmanageable. I'm not at 2-3 times a day but I probably would be if my drive was still intact. I do think about sex a lot and wish I could masterbate sometimes but I can't (public place or period started) that sort of thing.

God needs to send me a man and soon, masterbation doesn't do enough for me.

I don't think it's uncommon for women to have a high sex drive. In fact, there's another message board I know of where the vast majority of women complain about the lack of sex drive in their men! Every single day there's another women complaining that he's not interested in sex - almost seems epidemic there, lol. ENA is the first place I found where it seems an even balance and occasionally reading about a male complaining that his partner has lost interest.

Strange, no way! I think 35 is the scientific sexual peak for women actually. I think that women feel like they are supposed to be sexual and thus repress it. If they dont their called names like " * * * * s, * * * * * * , rips.. etc" If you wanted a good read about empowering your sexual womanhood "The Vagina Monologues" is a great and easy read. I feel like women might need another sexual revolution to help society get its head out of the hole and stop thinking only men feel things in the crotch.

Thanks, this is all making me feel a lot better about it. I have been seriously thinking that maybe I shouldn't be thinking about it as much as I do, or that I shouldn't be masturbating every day... it makes me feel good, and until my LDR partner and I can meet up, it's what I have available to me.

Sex isn't the only thing I think about - I'm preparing to start college next month, and I have two kids that keep me pretty busy, along with church activities and violin lessons. It's just... well, most every night, I find myself missing my partner, and I start thinking about him, and... nature sort of takes over from there. It worries me a little, as I think that when I do meet up with him, I'm going to run him ragged!

I think the fact that a show called "Sex and the City" is all about women, shows that women are just as horney as men.

In fact I knew a woman who wanted sex so much, her husbaund couldn't keep up. After the divorce she said that was part of their problems.

Just so long as you keep it to a healthy level it's ok. Women have urges too.

I think you are fine!

I'm in my mid twenties and my last boyfriend who was 28 could not keep up with me in the bedroom. I would not worry about it one bit. It just means you are sexually healthy. As long as it does not start taking over your life you have nothing to be concerned about.

Enjoy it

I think a woman having a high sex drive is AWESOME!!!! I think many women lose interest in sex because of things happening in life that overwhelms them, stress related to kids, job, husband, finances etc. Those can be total sex drive killers for men and women alike. Seriously though you should embrace your high sex drive and continue to fingerblast. Have fun

When I was growing up, my mother and grandmother made clear to me that women didn't enjoy sex.

Then I hit college, and I encountered women who did like sex. It was a huge revelation to me. I had conversations with female friends who discussed having sex without birth control because they got carried away, not because they were pressured into into it by a guy.

My ex-wife loved sex. I tend to think I have a high sex drive, I usually seek some form of sexual outlet at least once a day, but she wanted it more often than I did. Orgasm through penetration was never a problem for her.

That was 15 years ago. Since then, I've yet to be with a woman who has showed 1/10th her enthusiasm. Of the four sexual partners I've had since, none did much initiating, and all could only reach orgasm through manual stimulation - my penis seemed entirely not useful in the process. I often got the feeling they went through intercourse mostly through a feeling of reciprocity after I'd gotten them off during foreplay.

Now I don't know what to think.

I think my sex drive used to because higher, it's something I try and keep under control. I have been in 2 relationships were partners had difficulty in coming and deep down it made me feel bad for wanting sex. I can say that in most of my relationships I wanted it more that them and I want to change that because I perceive it as a rejection when they don't want it. I also found that I wanted sex as reassurance. Many guys say they want a woman with high sex drive but I have found that being more submissive and not showing how much you want it actually works beter.

I have accepted that I will never be with a guy that wants to have sex everyday because I'm drawn to quite sensitive men and usually their feelings get in the way.

Many guys say they want a woman with high sex drive but I have found that being more submissive and not showing how much you want it actually works beter.

This is an interesting statement Quirky. What works better, do you find? Is it your experience that not initiating causes a man to want to initiate more often?

The two really aren't mutually exclusive. Sex is pretty important emotionally to those of us focused on touch.

I agree here, I haven't found a man's emotional sensitivity to have much to do with their sex drive. If anything, I've noticed that emotionally sensitive men have a higher drive, at least in my own experience.

This is an interesting statement Quirky. What works better, do you find? Is it your experience that not initiating causes a man to want to initiate more often?

Yes, that's what I have found. That when I don't look too eager (but not acting cold) it ignites the "hunter" instict in them and it works better. Or if I want sex I won't come on to him but maybe do something girly that will make him come on to me. Then he thinks that HE initiated it and we're both happy! lol

Archived