What does a 30 year old man want with a 21 year old woman?

thegirl_00

Wow, I was not expecting so many responses! Well I am on high alert!

Does it mean anything if I am going to meet his family this weekend coming up? I'm not looking for excuses but what kind of a "player" introduces every girl he plays to his family and friends? ALL of his good friends are either married, engaged or in serious relationships.

Hmm... You all do raise some interesting points though. So what exactly should I do? Tell him things are moving too fast?

Does it mean anything if I am going to meet his family this weekend coming up? I'm not looking for excuses but what kind of a "player" introduces every girl he plays to his family and friends?

This is exactly the kind of thing that gives lots of us pause, and it's not a "player" thing, but a "taking you to meet the entire family after four dates" thing. You correctly diagnose the "moving fast" part in your first post, so it's obvious you have your eyes open, that's all people here are really worried about.

All that said, and in light of the added detail (shame on you for omitting pertinent facts ) there are some guys, like some women, that when they get "ready" they are "ready." If your guy is one of those, things aren't necessarily dire, just make sure not to get carried along in his gust, and to keep your own tempo. Decide on your timeframe and stick to it, regardless of pressure coming from him.

Frankly, I get a bit annoyed when GFs want me to meet family before the 6 month mark, it happens, but I don't like it. If you are cool with it, fine and dandy.

I agree with the part in bold. It really depends how you feel about it, but I would find this to be happening way too soon for my comfort level (everything, taken together).

Some people may see it as a good sign and simply a sign of strong interest but I think when people turn it on fast and furious in the beginning, things can burn out just as quickly.

In the space of only four dates, you don't really get to know someone all that well. He is showing a lot of desire for being with you and being serious even though he does not know you well. I find that a bit odd.

I'm 35 and my girlfiend is 27. Almost the same situation as far as the age gap is concerned. I don't see the gap as a problem, though I make the occassional joke about being old, or getting old. We get along great, have a lot in common, and are completely at ease with each other, so age doesn't always translate to a problem.

We met online as well. I am fine with 'net dating (it's really 'net meeting, people, you still date in the real world), and have no hangups about it. She had some bad experiences though, so I can see where you are coming from on this, OP. We've been going out about 3 months now, and have yet to meet each others family or friends. We're taking it slow. I think your guy might be moving a bit fast.

Get to know him a bit more before you really start getting into his life with family and friends. Just slow it down with him a bit, and if he's willing he'll likely be worth it and there for the long haul.

I agree with the part in bold. It really depends how you feel about it, but I would find this to be happening way too soon for my comfort level (everything, taken together).

Some people may see it as a good sign and simply a sign of strong interest but I think when people turn it on fast and furious in the beginning, things can burn out just as quickly.

In the space of only four dates, you don't really get to know someone all that well. He is showing a lot of desire for being with you and being serious even though he does not know you well. I find that a bit odd.

I told him that I think we should slow things down a bit. He agreed. He said "I like you a lot and I have been really dumb for trying to get somewhere fast. It's not fair to us."

... So i guess I will just have to wait and see what happens...

Archived