• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What are the chances of men ending a new relationship if his ex girlfriend who left him wanted to get back with him?

Generally so specific to the situation that it's impossible to answer. I'm assuming here that you're the new girlfriend.

But, how do you know that she's interested in him? Did he tell you? If so, they're talking about it.

This is the thing when they are fresh out of relationships, we just never know if they are going to return to their ex. Which is why its a total waste of time, jumping into a relationship with anyone, who has recently broke up....

You are asking to be hurt IMO

This is the thing when they are fresh out of relationships, we just never know if they are going to return to their ex. Which is why its a total waste of time, jumping into a relationship with anyone, who has recently broke up....

You are asking to be hurt IMO

I'm not the person in the new relationship

I dated someone that after getting divorced.... got back together with his ex wife after 15 months. Another person I knew got back together after a year.

And Oh to edit- you are the ex? He may be back... but it could take months... but if he did and does love you.... it could be 2-6 months. Let it settle.

I'm not the person in the new relationship

You are the ex then??

It would help if you told us the full story....

And yes he will be back, if he still loves you. They cant and dont tend to keep away, if they still love the ex. well IMO they dont anyway.

I dated someone that after getting divorced.... got back together with his ex wife after 15 months. Another person I knew got back together after a year.

If my ex came back after dating someone... I would say it would take at least 2 months... because I'm not that kind of person to take someone back right away based on " i love you, i'm sorry".

If you are dating someone who just broke up with his ex... I suggest to tread lightly.

Looks like divorce does not always end a relationship either. I guess you can't even trust people who are divorced not to go back to their ex wife at some point in time.

You are the ex then??

It would help if you told us the full story....

And yes he will be back, if he still loves you. They cant and dont tend to keep away, if they still love the ex. well IMO they dont anyway.

I would like to give you more information, but I don't want to give too much away, incase he comes to these forums as well You never know

Do you think if he loves the ex, he would have jumped into a new relationship shortly after the ex left him?

Would the ex be trying to sabotage the new relationship ? Why would she have waited for him to be in a new relationship before she wanted to get back together with him?

No, not sabotaging the new relationship. Waiting for him to be in a new relationship is not what happened

The guy thought I didn't like him as much, and so he got himself in a new relationship. I want him back. This doesn't have anything to do with him being with someone new. I didn't know how much I meant to him before.

Do you have any advice on what I need to do so we can be with each other again? I am not trying to sabotage the new relationship because he is not very serious about her.

I would like to give you more information, but I don't want to give too much away, incase he comes to these forums as well You never know

Do you think if he loves the ex, he would have jumped into a new relationship shortly after the ex left him?

If any partner of mine immediatley jumped into a relationship and after me, I'd think it was because he'd never had the feelings for me that I'd thought he did.

I also couldn't just jump into a new relationship, if my heart was with someone else. Not straight away anyway. I could maybe date other guys, as in friendly dates....but I wouldnt be able to get intimate with them. I and an ex once split and 2 months later I did start seeing someone else and because I'd assumed tt was over for good, with the ex. But when he came back on the scene, well the new guy had to go and I got back with the ex, simply because I preferred the ex and still had feelings.

People react in different ways to breakups.

Some will take time out and grieve the old relationship, while some will jump into something else and to try and get over the past relationship. It's known on here as a 'rebound relationship'....

The guy thought I didn't like him as much, and so he got himself in a new relationship. I want him back. This doesn't have anything to do with him being with someone new. I didn't know how much I meant to him before.

There you go then. He could be with her and because he thinks he cant have you, or because he thinks its over for good with you....

There you go then. He could be with her and because he thinks he cant have you, or because he thinks its over for good with you....

I did give him that indication before. I have changed my mind since.

Haha I made this thread so I could receive advice from guys, but you are being more helpful

Archived