Hi Zerohero, thanks for your input. (Is that a photo of Jackie Chan? )

He doesn't know my intentions yet (I will have to speak to him soon).

So let's say he was iffy about it, do you think I will be wasting my time? Or do guys sometimes put on that front in the beginning to show a girl that he refuses to be seen as a pushover?

If my ex did that yes I would be iffy. Not only because I dont want to be seen as a push over, but because If she left me before, whats stopping her from leaving me for another guy or insert "x" reason. You'd really have to assure him that you want him because you love him, enjoy spending time with him, willing to work , and fix issues etc.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If my ex did that yes I would be iffy. Not only because I dont want to be seen as a push over, but because If she left me before, whats stopping her from leaving me for another guy or insert "x" reason. You'd really have to assure him that you want him because you love him, enjoy spending time with him, willing to work , and fix issues etc.

Got you

If you loved her, would you be ACTING iffy, or BEING iffy, or not showing either trait?

"I really wish we could try again, give me a call sometime"

ball is in his court.

he knows you're interested.

he can call you or not.

what's wrong with that?

bonus points if his current gf finds the text and calls you yelling and screaming to leave her man alone.

This made me chuckle.

I sent my ex an email about tax information. At the end I wrote "love ya". He didn't call me for 2 days. When he finally called I was so nervous. He told me her new girl saw it and got upset. I told him I was just letting him know how I felt.

Got you

If you loved her, would you be ACTING iffy, or BEING iffy, or not showing either trait?

I wouldn't be too quick to jump back. I'd show interest but not quick to "take the bait". Because again, she left me for someone else, the trust has been broken. She needs to rebuild it.

I wouldn't be too quick to jump back. I'd show interest but not quick to "take the bait". Because again, she left me for someone else, the trust has been broken. She needs to rebuild it.

I didn't leave him for someone else

It's comforting though to know what you said. You would act that way even if you loved her. Even though this guy doesn't know my intentions right now, I think he has been acting the way he has been lately to show that he won't be too quick to take the bait as a form of emotional punishment from the hurt I caused him (because I wanted a small break).

I didn't leave him for someone else

It's comforting though to know what you said. You would act that way even if you loved her. Even though this guy doesn't know my intentions right now, I think he has been acting the way he has been lately to show that he won't be too quick to take the bait as a form of emotional punishment from the hurt I caused him (because I wanted a small break).

I say, sit down, talk to him, and be upfront. I'm a guy, and we'd rather have a female tell us things like that strait forward instead of trying to read their minds.

Yep. First sign I get off a woman who wants me to "read her mind", I stop pursuing her instantly. I don't do stupid.

It's not so much that some females want men to read their minds. Sometimes we think we are giving obvious cues to the guy and expressing ourselves in different ways.

But I suppose men need more concrete expressions.

It's not so much that some females want men to read their minds. Sometimes we think we are giving obvious cues to the guy and expressing ourselves in different ways.

But I suppose men need more concrete expressions.

image removed

Keep this in mind when talking to guys.

What are the chances of men ending a new relationship if his ex girlfriend who left him wanted to get back with him?

That’s a weird question, I am sorry. You are asking us; what your chances in getting your ex back after he became involved with another girl.

First, you had your chance. I mean why would you try to ruin another relationship just because of your selfish needs?

Ok let me back up, I know that all sounded harsh, and I don't mean to attack you like that but you really need to ask yourself, why would you try to hurt other people just because of a missed opportunity?

If anything, if he is with that girl for the wrong reasons (i.e. to make you jealous, to get his jollies off) than maybe you can go up to him and tell him how you feel about him, and leave it up to destiny. But I would not try to steal. You know stealing is bad. And I know, I know all is fair in love and war but what goes around comes around. Good Luck

What are the chances of men ending a new relationship if his ex girlfriend who left him wanted to get back with him?

There's almost no chance I would leave a new relationship for someone who, for whatever reason, had decided to dump me once already. I tend to think that exes are exes for a reason - and I tend to like people who know what they want, and who try to make it work (as opposed to wanting to end it, then wanting to rekindle it, etc, etc). I'd be particularly leery of entertaining an ex who, miraculously, wanted to get back with me only now that I was with someone else. But, like all things, context does matter. The reason for it ending would matter - just as her reasons for wanting to get back together would matter. In other words: it's conceivable that I might be willing to try again, but very unlikely.

Archived