why is the sex part of a relationship so much more important than the intimate part?

WWright502

To me a female of course. I enjoy more of the sweet romancey stuff before the actual sex part. It seems to my husband that he would just rather start with the sex & not worry with all the kissy romantic stuff? I don't get it? Most men like the sex over the sweet stuff. I think the romantic stuff is just as or more important as the sex itself & its a lot less sticky & sweaty haha. I would like guys opinons on this

For me it has always been about the womans pleasure during intimacy. I get more pleasure knowing that I am making her feel so much from my touch. There can be no selfishness in bed if there is to be true intimacy.

There have been times when I could care less if I orgasm. I just wanted to bring her pleasure.

Some men never realize that making love is not the same as having sex.

Lost

I think that intimacy and sex are equally important. However there are certain people (both men and women) who prefer one over the other. I think at certain times you can get away with having one and not the other but there definitely needs to be both to a level where both people in a relationship are satisfied.

I definitely don't prefer sex over intimacy. I think they go hand in hand and I generally want to have sex because I crave the intimacy that goes along with it. I love foreplay as much the act of sex as much as the post-sex cuddling. They all are one collective entity as far as I'm concerned.

so men... how do us females tell our men that we want more intimacy during/before sex instead of them just saying "hey lets have sex"..

like for instance.. last night my boyfriend and i are laying there, and he says to me.. come here and f me..

REALLY???? I mean, him and i have a great sex life, but you really think thats a way to get me all wet and ready to go?

I just want him to be more...i dont know, INTIMATE! Make me WANT to have sex, turn me on.. dont just expect me to jump on your bones the moment you lay into bed..

so how do i tell him what i want out of all of this without sounding like he doesnt turn me on anymore, because he does..?

I just want him to be more...i dont know, INTIMATE! Make me WANT to have sex, turn me on.. dont just expect me to jump on your bones the moment you lay into bed..

I think that part of your problem, you are expecting him to put in effort to make you want sex. First I think that YOU should do something that turns you on and gets you in the mood rather than expecting him to make you want sex.

so how do i tell him what i want out of all of this without sounding like he doesnt turn me on anymore, because he does..?

The direct approach. Tell him you want more intimacy and tell him you want to be romanced. I would be receptive to hearing that. I think most guys (not all) would much rather get direct information than be left to guess or figure things out on our own. If we are left to guess we're taking the easiest route.

Coming from a girl, I think both parts are crazy important! I know if my boyfriend couldn't have the sex part, he'd die! But he loves to cuddle too. I wish I could know what it's like being a guy, because I feel like there's something more to sex for men than us women realize. It's almost like he expects sex whenever he feels like it, but when he doesn't want it (and I do), expects me to relax. Which sucks because good sex depends on whether or not he's turned on...I'll get there eventually anyway, but he won't always...

eg. I love fooling around in the morning, but he doesn't like it...man, if he were turned on in the morning it would be mind-blowinggggg lol...but what does he know...he's just a guy!

Haha there is never an animalistic hunger for sex lol its not THAT important. I don't get why sex is "craved" so to speak ... ?

Are you kidding?

As a woman...I don't really make love and never really have.

In fact, I don't think romance is that big of a deal. It's rare and that's why it's nice. Because when he does pull out the romance, I know it's genuine and not to just get into my pants. We can knock boots without the lovey stuff. So, when he is being lovey, I know it's not just a means to an end.

I also agree with Daywalker. Do you ever make an effort to get him in the mood? Do you do romantic things for him?

I guess it depends on the person's view on sex. Men typically view sex as an expression of their love (which it should be), and women see sex as a component of love. Everyone prefers one over the other, but both are good in equal doses.

But for me, I would have to sex that intimacy clearly is more important than sex, to me it would be like trying to compare the sun to the moon. Sure we need both, but one is far more important. I would also have to say that it's not so much the intimacy, but the security in knowing that you have someone that makes it much sweeter. Knowing that you have someone for you there--always, no matter what.

And yes, you can make love without having sex.

If you want to categorize us, then you're right. Though I find it demeaning to consider oneself in the likeness of an animal, especially considering our cognitive ability.

Hmm... May I ask why, exactly? Are we not a part of the bounty of life on this planet? Did we not evolve from the bounty of life on this planet?

If you want to categorize us, then you're right. Though I find it demeaning to consider oneself in the likeness of an animal, especially considering our cognitive ability.

It doesn't mean that we don't have instincts. Humans have very strong survival instincts from the day they're born.

Archived