I Have a concern with administration being Bias here

mikelopez

Hello all, and thank you for taking the time to read this; I do not want to get banned I love this site, and I do not want to start any conflict. I would like to just make my concern heard and have one of my post re-opened (link at the end). I posted last night Agu 29, 2009 a question concerning personal growth. I asked, “what is God to you, and what is he not?” A question I was asked by my sponsor who is helping me work the twelve step program of Marijuana Anonymous, the same concept Alcoholics Anonymous follow.

MA, and AA is a program that has been going on for years to help addicts like myself; Judges, Psychiatrist, Counselors, Priest, Rehabilitation Programs, ect encourage or order addicts to go through a twelve step program like the one I mentioned; it is actually a remedy that has been proven successful by millions.

So my post was closed for the question I asked because it was a religious argument??? It had nothing to do with religion; therefore the person who closed it had no idea of what I was talking about. Step two of the program states, “Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity;” hence my sponsor (Successful Recovering Addict) asked me two simple questions to help me identify if my spirituality is self-centered or not, to see what I am obsessed with. It had nothing to do with an institutionalized religion. It's about spirituality, something inside of you that gives you hope, that extra energy, confidence, power to change a habit you can't seem to break.

Now I understand that there could have been a misunderstanding of interpretation, but millions of people have gone through this twelve step program to overcome a destructive habit; and it had nothing to do with "religion," hence I would like my post to be re-opened because it is a tool to help me grow SPIRITUALLY, to change my life for the better. I wanted opinions of people who have gone through something similar to me, and I received a few, and that is all thank you, and my your soul’s be at ease.

the link to the close post

t had nothing to do with religion

It's about God and that is a contentious issue on the board. You may not think God has anything to do with religion, but many people do.

This is the internet. It's not a democracy, it's a benevolent dictatorship and the mods/admin get to choose what is allowable in the interests of keeping the board a pleasant environment for everyone using it.

Although I completely understand what you're saying Agent, I disagree with the thread being closed.

Had there been a heated debate going on about religion, I would agree with the thread being closed. However, that wasn't the case. It was a person looking for help, and the people who participated in this thread understood EXACTLY what he was saying. It WAS a pleasant thread.

You're right, it is a benevolent dictatorship - and often it is necessary that that is so. But I'm sorry, I strongly agree with the OP is saying that thread did not need to be closed.

I'm afraid we aren't going to wait for those threads to become contentious before closing them. We've decided that's the policy. Now we're going to close this thread as these things should be handled by talking to us privately and we're not going to be drawn into a public debate.

Archived