Has anyone actually got there ex back?

i sometimes wonder too... if anyone ever got their ex back... or is all these advice for moving on with your life instead of getting back with your ex... i actually see it as moving on without your ex... atleast that is what i see for my relationship... with my ex...

It does happen. I've known many people who've gotten back together after breaking up. Some of them are even married now.

Following the advice on here won't guarantee that you'll get back together. Nothing guarantees that. But the great thing about No Contact (or minimal contact) is that it prepares you for either circumstance -- getting back together or staying separated -- because it gives you 1) time to work on yourself, 2) a chance to see the relationship more clearly, 3) space for your ex to miss you, and 4) a change to "reinvent" the relationship if you do get back together, or a chance to make your future relationships even better than your past ones.

Some of the people I've known who got back together did No Contact. Some did minimal contact. Some agreed on doing it together, others did it separately. But every couple I know who got back together (and stayed together) spent some significant time apart from each other first. It's sort of like they couldn't live with each other again until they learned to live without each other.

So it works, sometimes. And it can happen. But either way, the advice on here is some of the best I've seen -- no matter if you move on with or without your ex.

well today I called her and told her I couldn't talk to her anymore and she got mad.

Then after she said she didn't care, like we went out for a year and 8 months and we were inseperalble.

But I broke up with her, casue we fought too much, and now she's had someone knew now for almost 2 weeks. I don't know what to do about.

Like I'm afraid to use no contact because what if she doesn't care and forgets me.

we'll no contact actually work?

cause it's really hard cause I keep calling her.

My opinion is that backing off and doing no contact may be the best thing. It'll give her time to see (hopefully) that she misses you. I understand that you are afraid that she'll forget about you. But I have been away from X for almost 10 months and I haven't forgot about him. If she really loves you and wants things to work between you two then she'll come back to you. You can't make her want to come back and being too smothering can push her further away. It has to be her decision, sometimes space is the best thing for both people involved.

Then maybe you shouldn't be available to talk to her everytime she wants to talk to you. When you pull back a little she will probably make more effort. I don't know how long it will take, but start off not returning her calls right away and take it from there. Unfortunately it sounds like a game, and I guess on some level it is.

ameliamolly

So you dumped your ex and he is trying to get you back. You say you haven't forgoten about him. Do you want to get back with him? Are you waiting for him to do something to get you back?

I have often wondered because of the way my gf ended the relationship if she wants me to try to get her back. Would the no-contact be of much use then in getting her back?

I'm not sure if this is good news or not.

but today I was walking home for lunch and we bumped into eachother I tried to dodge out of the way, but she ran up to me and started talking to me but I told her I was really busy.

then today in the halls I saw her like 4 times and we never said one word to eachother.

and today so far she has called me 5 times from her house and two times from her sisters, and it's only 7:39pm, and I didn't pick up the phone and I haven't talked to her all day, well lunch when I told her I was really busy but that was like a 2 second conversation that I ended.

so is this good? like all the calling and stuff?

I don't know what to make out of it

k I need advice on this badly.

well I did the no contact thing all weekend and she called me todayafter school asking to hang out.

we had alot of fun, I made her laugh so much and we just had lots of fun there was no awkward moment or anything.

she never talked about her boyfriend and she talked alot about the things we did (fun things) when we were going out, never said anything bad or anything the whole time tonight.

what should I make of this? is this a good sign?

I would say that you shouldnt make assumptions right away. It is a good sign that you guys didnt have any strange moments during the time you spent together. Chances are she will tell her boyfriend that you two hung out and he will get jelous of it. For now i would say stay the course and just seem really confident and happy, and at all costs try to avoid strange moments.

I need advice on this one badly.

I was so confused tonight... She wants to hang out with me all the time and she ditched her boyfriend to hang out with me all day and night tonight.

We drank had lots of fun, but she kept making arounsing gestures like she wanted me to jump on top of her and make out with her. She then kissed me and we made out. then afterwards she told me she was sorry that she did that, and she felt really bad for her boyfriend, I asked her if we wold beable to go out again in the future and she said maybe... she said it was because she's afraid to get hurt again.

what do I make of this, like what do I do?

Im on the no contact/miminal contact atm. I spent 3 weeks without contact, then just txed her the other day to say "hi", and luckily she responded. Im trying not to be pushy, but i plan to try to stay in touch so she doesnt forget about me.

She went bac to her ex after being with me 7 weeks. Its a long story and i had a thread about it in the relationships area.

I miss her loads, and i can't do anything. I don't want to b a mug, so im trying to look for some1 else, but im desperate for her back. Im just hoping her ex leaves her again

everytime this method worked for me. thought i never planned on it or used methods consciously but now that i think about it all my past relationships (3 of them) all were no contact then changing their lives to be a better guy & then they contacted me. i had every ex of mine come crawling, i mean crawling back!!!! its pathetic LOL!! i jus want this one im so madly in love with to come back...hes the only one i would accept back. he has my heart. all the others that came back its more of a..tough luck kinda thing but we stayed friends. and actually one of them (who cheated on me matter of fact!) has a gf now & he & i exchange love advice. lol its easy, probably b/c i never loved him. my true love is with my ex now & i can only hope this method works on people you REALLY WANT BACK!!

dragongirl

Of those past three guys that came CRAWLING BACK, who broke up with who? If they broke up with you then this is the way "no contact" is suppsoed to work. If you broke up with them, then this isn't "no contact" per se.

No contact -- Dumpee initiates no contact with the dumper. Dumper wants the dumpee back.

Is this what happened to you?

1 of them broke up with me for dumb reasons & other 1 we had a big fight b/c i found out from his sister he was cheating on me. & the 3rd one i broke up with him b/c he was a cheap son of a b***h & we didnt get along & he was just an idiot. and all 3 breakups we didnt talk. until time passed. kept it casual after a while but still i wasnt in love w/ any of them to take them back, so i didnt see a reason to. and the one who was a cheap S.O.B is now stalkin me....not cool. he uses his computer genius friend to hack into my emails & read emails from me & my recent-ex (David)->that i still love. what a jerk, i dont think hes moved on yet either.....LOSER!

but yea like i said i hope this method helps to speed along the process to gain self esteem back & win back the heart of a loved one that u actually DO WANT BACK.

...i hope i hope i hope!!!