Has anyone actually got there ex back?

Hi Dragongirl724,

So your saying that you would never go back to someone you broke up with.I;m just wondering if I should wait around for my ex before I start any serious relationship because I still love or think I love her.Maybe it's just because I was used to being with her for 3 years and sucks feeling alone all the time.She may never return because I just have a feeling.Any advice would be nice

no i would never go back with someone who i dont love. i wasnt IN LOVE with those guys. im IN LOVE WITH MY EX DAVID & what i shared w/ david is an indescribable feeling. and hes the one i want back. he broke up w/ me for space he never sees his friends & hes young & its suffacating him... i never would have taken those 3 losers back no way in hell. i never loved them. one i thought i loved but once i met David i found out what love really was & i see now what we had wanst love so no i wouldnt take any of those 3 back. i just want my david back, thats my heart.

• 2 weeks later...

k well, the no contact thing doesn't really work, because she calls and asks to hang out all the time, and we always talk about past good times when we were going out, and she said the other day that when I looked at her she hasn't seen me look at her like that since we first started going out.

she always brings up alot of good times we had, and she hangs out with me more then her boyfriend, but why hasn't she broke up with him and is back with me yet? like all of this stuff looks like she should be mine by now.

what else do I have to do?

There are many instances that the moment you give up hope, move on, or find another relationship is when all your work of getting that person back falls into place. By that time they are no longer on the pedestal that you once held them. I always ask my-self the question, do I really want this person back or do I just want the satisfaction of knowing that I got them back?

Take time to really look and see if this person is really worth the effort and struggle you are going through and if you really want to be with this person, All Over Again.

when I try no contact for like a day she calls me until I answer the phone.

so do you think I should let the no contact last a longer time so she'll miss me, or do you think she'll just give up after awhile?

story time, it brings some hope guys!

yes people do get back together. i'll tell you people about my one professor who was with his GF for a few years, he wanted time to be alone & travel, be single, his GF was heartbroken! but he was happy traveling w/ no worries, no commitment & his (ex)GF eventually started dating again. they both dated other people & moved far away from eachother. once in a while they spoke & his (ex)GF had a death in the family she told him about it and my professor went to the funeral & comforted her family meanwhile her new BF didnt go. my professor then realized his love for his (ex)GF rekindled & they were 'physical' but then it stopped b/c she didnt feel right doin it. they maintained some sort of contact now & then afterwards. he was still in love with her...so...

he took his chances & he went out bought a ring and purposed to her!! she said "No shes with someone & shes not leaving her BF for him she is uncertain how she feels" & she said she "didnt like the fact that he popped back into her life & forced himself onto her so strongly." (something of that nature)

they still remained contact now & then & worked on a friendship & he moved back (closer to her. ) he got insanely jealous she was with this new guy. well she ended up breakin up w/ this new guy. then her & my professor both realized they still cared for eachother & they seeked counseling. they both had complexes to get over, and on the last day of their session she screamed 'IM NOT DOING THIS ANYMORE WERE DONE AFTER THIS SESSION ITS OVER!" he begged her to at least have dinner with him that weekend. and eventually she said "FINE!" he went out bought a beautiful engagement ring & purposed to her at dinner. and after all is said and done....

she said "Yes."

they are now best of friends & happily married for about 5 years.

it all came down to HOW & WHAT he said when he purposed to her the 2nd time. she knew what he said came from the heart & deep down she knew she was still in love with him. what a great stroy huh? but yeah it all came down to the last second & what he said to make her rethink how she feels. sometimes we have to fight for what we want. if love was so easily established it wouldnt be so special would it?

Incredible!

i hope this helps. it gave me faith that when true love is established nothing will stand in the way of it....as hopeless as it seems sometimes. as hopeless as WE feel sometimes. this story just goes to show how intense & uncertain life can be...and there is no set path that every relationship follows or rules & methods that will work in everyone's instances. just follow your heart and to thy own self be true. the heart never lies. good luck everyone on this long strenuous journey to find true love. its a bumpy road & i know im glad i have such a strong support system here of people who really do care & understand what im going thru. please keep helping eachother & we mustn't forget how difficult it is for so many of us to handle losing love.

thanks again.

-DG724

that was a very good story, it gives me hope.

For now though I am really confused.

last night me and my ex were suppose to go to a party together, (I don't get why she still has her boyfriend seeing as she spends all of her time with me) but this girl that likes me was gonna be there but I don't like this girl and my ex knows that so she said "let's go and make her jealous" and I said how and she said "well we'll just act the way we already act because the way we act is like were still going out anyways" so to her I guess we act like were still going out and she didn't have a problem with this, and everytime a girl likes me that I don't like she tells that girl that and she gets jealous when other girls like me, yet she has a boyfriend, why would she care who likes me or not, and when her and her friend came over last night me and her friend talked alot and were 'flirting' as my ex said and she got really mad at me for flirting with another girl.

I'm so confused, like why would she say "we still act like were going out" and get jealous and mad at girls who like me.

after me, her and her friend hung out last night she called me and started yelling at me because I Was flirting with another girl.

It's like were still going out but she still has this boyfriend who she barely talks too.

but this morning she apologized for getting mad at me last night.

can anyone help me out?

nimrod,

tell ur ex to make up her freakin mind!! i mean unless u like this kind of senseless mindgames! id be pissed if i was you. this isnt right. shes allowed to be with this other dude but your not allowed to flirt. shes obviously w/ this new guy to distract herself. its terrible!! shes hurting her new BF & is gonna ultimatly hurt you too if she doesnt make up her damn mind!!! this isnt right id put my foot down & tell her to come back into your life as either a GF or a friend and nothing inbetween!!! its one or the other. put her in her place. she cant toss you around like that. this is crap if u ask me!

-DG724

Ahem....i'm a little late for this post, but thought I'd mention it here anyway. I recently broke up for the second time with my ex g/f. She fell out of love AFTER dating only 3 months when she decided to come back to me last December in 2003. We had minimal contact and still have minimal contact. I'm learning to deal with TOTAL NC, and I'm going to start working out next month and getting a tan. Too bad...she's gonna see what she's throwing away, and I planned on asking her to marry me. Too bad for her.....

tell me if this is a good idea.

k well the ex always calls me and asks me to hang out, I Try to make it look like I'm busy but I always cave in. she misses me alot after one day her friends tell me.

here's my idea... I'm gonna act like I'm busy for atleast a week, so she'll think about it alot and probaly miss me alot, then at the end of that week I'm gonna make her favourite dinner with candles and stuff, then make her a CD of all songs with meanings, then after supper I'm gonna tell her exactly how I feel, is that a good idea?

Hey Nimrod you and me are basiclly in the same boat except my girlfriend broke up with me and I want her back sooooooo bad. So that's why I talk to her once in awhile at school or call her. But this summer I'm going to ask her if she'd ever give us a second chance and If she's ready for a serious relationship. So if anyone has something to say about my plan this summer say it. Cause I need help and I really want her back even though we are just freshmen in high school that doesn't mean a thing to me.

alright here's some interseting advice that I once did before and I'm gonna do again, I just can't believe I forgot about it.

I've come to the conclusion girls want what they can't have.

here's my story from last year.

well last year my ex girlfrend broke up with me, it hurt for a day or two but then I realized there's so much more out there then just that one person who dumped me and hurt me, as soon as she saw I was doing better she got mad and started saying (well you got over that easily) and she was offended, (and I wasn't acting like i was fine, I actually was so it helped alot) then she wanted to hang out one day and I said I was busy, then one day she wanted to hang out all day and I showed up there at night with my friend and kinda got upset, then one day we ung out with her friends and at the end of the night she asked me back out, but later I dumped her for all the fighting, now once again I'm trying to get her back, but I should stop cause I know what I did before actually works.

so in conclusion everyone wants what they can't have.

I need help on this one badly.

k well I haven't talked to the Ex since wednseday, and sunday I called her but she wasn't home then she called me back, we talked about how the weekend went and stuff, now here's the thing...

I asked her to hang out today but she said she had to hangout with her boyfriend, so I Said when do you wanna hang out again and she said there's not really a way we can and then I told her fine and went over there to pick up my stuff, and I gave her her's, but she lost one of my things and she told me she would find it and give it to me next time she sees me, I thought we couldn't hang out but when I got there she said the next time she see's me?

what am I suppose to do?

• 2 weeks later...

Na, no worries. Im happy and I'll find someone new. Im deeply hurt but at the sametime the experience was a great lesson and a reality I couldnt escape. I will miss certain times with her and thats hard to say....but I must stay strong and remember the reason why we needed to go...we all need to do this. But....technically she let go of me