For the Guys and Approaching....Girls Please Respond

ghost69

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know no one wants to hear from me anymore because I'm strange, but I have a tip.

If you have a dog, this is a great way to meet women. Most women love dogs and if they approach it, then try to strike up a conversation.

My friend did that.. actually worked..

I'm more of a cat person.. don't smell like wet dog then.

OK, let us try this again. If THIS is your point, then why are you creating a thread asking women where they would LIKE to be approached??? Does it matter what they say? Who cares?

Your thread is counter productive and goes against the point you think you are trying to make. Why is that so difficult for you to understand?

you read waaaay too far into it.

anything you ask will get positive and negative responses. if you want 100% positive responses, you will never get them. sorry, but you won't. this will help the guy pondering whether or not to approach that girl but is scared because of the setting or what not. look at the consensus here man, they don't really mind. grow a pair and go over there.

My friend did that.. actually worked..

I'm more of a cat person.. don't smell like wet dog then.

I used to occasionally walk by this guy who had these two adorable little pugs. I would always stop and say hello them. He was cute, but very shy. Maybe he had a girlfriend or just plain wasn't attracted to me, but if he'd asked me out it totally would have worked. If I'd seen him in a grocery store (without the dogs), I wouldn't have even noticed him.

Lots of girls like cats too, but taking them for a walk would probably make them laugh at you.

It doesn't mean everyone should get a dog. Although if you have one, then you're at an advantage, in my opinion.

I read through this thread and I'm not sure what it was meant to accomplish. I mean, outside of occasions where approaching is legitimately a bad idea (like at work or maybe at a funeral), location is usually a pretext for inaction. "Not the right time or place for this" is a lie we tell ourselves to feel better about our decision not to approach. It takes responsibility away from us and puts it on some abstract thing that we have no control over.

This thread is about cold approaches right?

I certainly understand how if you don't try at all you have no chance, but in the situations where most eNA people would be seeing the people we find attractive (on the way to something, or during work lunch break, whatever), it's hard to think of a nice proper conversation starter. Unfortunately in these days even saying Hi to someone can make you look creepy to others, not just them.

I certainly understand how if you don't try at all you have no chance, but in the situations where most eNA people would be seeing the people we find attractive (on the way to something, or during work lunch break, whatever), it's hard to think of a nice proper conversation starter. Unfortunately in these days even saying Hi to someone can make you look creepy to others, not just them.

Depends on where you live on that point, I think. Around here (southern America) people smile and wave at complete strangers. It's basically courtesy to do so if you make eye contact...you have to at least nod or acknowledge that the eye contact took place in some way. I love it because it's a great way to size someone up quickly and decide if you want to have a conversation (they're wearing a funny shirt/cool hair/other random conversation starter), depending on proximity of course. That and if you ever happen to run into them again you almost feel like an acquaintance.

if you are concerned with saying hi to someone and feeling creepy, i think you might have some other issues. i have never felt creeped out. now if some guy just busted that out to me, i might think yeah, a bit off.

so ladies, do you like guys to approach you anywhere? yes or no these options:

1-grocery store

2-gym

3-club/bar with friends (male or female friends)

4-walking to a shop

5-driving

6-school (in class/outside class)

7-art show/football game/some other outing

8-WORK

pretty basic list. or, you can sum up all 6 if all apply to you by just saying ANYWHERE.

ive actually done them all except the gym. it's hard when a girl has earphones on.

Basically, don't approach me in dangerous places (public transport, back alleys, on the street at night) and I'm more than likely to be flattered.

I like being approached. It just depends on the guy and how he approaches me.

Basically, don't approach me in dangerous places (public transport, back alleys, on the street at night) and I'm more than likely to be flattered.

I like being approached. It just depends on the guy and how he approaches me.

how often are you out roaming at night or in a back alley?

how often are you out roaming at night or in a back alley?

You know what I mean

I had lab after dark. I always drove there even though it was a short walking distance. Same for our school library. Always drove. Even if I could get a ticket. It wasn't worth the risk of someone snatching me in the bushes on the way back to my dorm room (lots of places too)

1-grocery store (Just small talk, not like life story and immediate date, maybe phone #)

2-gym (there to de-stress, a number or get hit on, could be plus or minus)

3-club/bar with friends (ok, but not the ideal situation, nice to be noticed w/o alcohol)

4-walking to a shop (not the ideal place, friendly greeting is okay!)

5-driving (its fun to flirt, but dont expect a name/number driving down the road lol)

6-school (completely fine!)

7-art show/football game/some other outing (great place to talk/ask a girl out)

8-WORK (hard to call, if you work day in and day out with the person directly, not a good idea, if they are part of a different dept, and you dont constantly work with them, then it is okay

Hope this helps you out some!!!

Depends on where you live on that point' date=' I think. Around here (southern America) people smile and wave at complete strangers. It's basically courtesy to do so if you make eye contact...you have to at least nod or acknowledge that the eye contact took place in some way. I love it because it's a great way to size someone up quickly and decide if you want to have a conversation (they're wearing a funny shirt/cool hair/other random conversation starter), depending on proximity of course. That and if you ever happen to run into them again you almost feel like an acquaintance.[/quote']

This is so true. I couldn't live in a place where people weren't like this.

Depends on where you live on that point' date=' I think. Around here (southern America) people smile and wave at complete strangers. It's basically courtesy to do so if you make eye contact...you have to at least nod or acknowledge that the eye contact took place in some way. I love it because it's a great way to size someone up quickly and decide if you want to have a conversation (they're wearing a funny shirt/cool hair/other random conversation starter), depending on proximity of course. That and if you ever happen to run into them again you almost feel like an acquaintance.[/quote']

Chicago's kinda like that. You can ride the el and unless someone looks particularly uninviting, you can usually exchange small talk. And we LOVE to give tourists directions! I'm not kidding, we'll look at your little map, suggest multiple routes, and possibly even recommend a better destination (unless you're heading back to your hotel).

if you are concerned with saying hi to someone and feeling creepy, i think you might have some other issues. i have never felt creeped out. now if some guy just busted that out to me, i might think yeah, a bit off.

I disagree with this. I don't say it's wrong to say Hi or that I would get creeped out, but unfortunately just seems to be the world today where people don't expect to be talked to.

But rather than argue that point, better asking the ladies the How part of it. Well to put it another way my "arguing" here is simply my justification of why I don't do this or that - I'd love to be able to start taking more of these cold-approach chances just from how my lifestyle is at the moment.

I disagree with this. I don't say it's wrong to say Hi or that I would get creeped out, but unfortunately just seems to be the world today where people don't expect to be talked to.

But rather than argue that point, better asking the ladies the How part of it. Well to put it another way my "arguing" here is simply my justification of why I don't do this or that - I'd love to be able to start taking more of these cold-approach chances just from how my lifestyle is at the moment.

what do you mean ask the girls How? there is no other way to say 'hi' than actually doing it. i mean, don't drag it out with pronunciation and a lifted eyebrow like 'hiiiiii'.

1-grocery store YES

2-gym No, unless I kept giving eye contact. I would hate to be bothered while sweaty and have messy hair.

3-club/bar with friends (male or female friends) No, unless I stand somewhere alone for a bit

4-walking to a shop Yes

5-driving No, just give me a wink from your seat, that's fine. Don't talk to me

6-school (in class/outside class) Yes

7-art show/football game/some other outing Yes

8-WORK If you're a workmate, it's fine just don't be flirty on the job. Get my number or e-mail and flirt there. If you're a customer/client, don't flirt but just be straight up saying that you're interested.

1. Grocery Store Yes I've had people approach me here. If I'm not in a rush, I don't mind.

2. Gym Not really

3. club/bar with friends (male or female friends) Sure

4. walking to a shop Sure

5. driving No Personally, I would find this weird

6. school (in class/outside class) Yes Doesn't apply now, but back when I was in school, yes, a great place to meet people.

7. art show/football game/some other outing Yes

8. WORK Maybe Depends on the situation

You can meet people anywhere really. Though it does depend on how you are approached. You didn't include a bookstore or coffee shop. Those are good places to meet people. I ended up talking to a guy while waiting in line at Starbucks and a guy randomly approached me in a bookstore while I was looking at a magazine.

Unless the guy is super creepy I will usually chat with him for a few minutes. It takes a lot of courage to go over and approach a stranger. So, I usually give props for that. I have to be interested/attracted to give out my number though. That's rarely happened in these situations.

Ghost, you might have created a record breaking thread here haha.

it will never beat the person above you thread. lol

but there is some good info here. i just wish people would stop analyzing the OP so much. it's to help. if it doesn't, don't bash the thread, ya know?

1-grocery store: It depends. Only if we make eye-contact and you're in the same isle already. If you just came striding accross the store to track me down and I was engaged in shopping, I might be kind of freaked out.

2-gym: Yes. I think that would be reasonable. The thing to do would be to strike up conversation and friendship...say you hope to see them at the gym again, and next time talk more and ask them for their number or for an informal get-to-gether somewhere.

3-club/bar with friends (male or female friends): Yes, I personally wouldn't like it...but I think most folks expect to get picked up at these places.

4-walking to a shop: Only if you're also walking down the street. Not if you have to stalk them in your car!

5-driving: Again, depends on if you're stopped at a light together. I don't want to be stalked.

6-school (in class/outside class): Yes, definitely. I would have a chance to see you frecuently, would trust you more, and would be able to count on getting to know you better...this is a good way!

7-art show/football game/some other outing: Yes, as long as it's friendly and not "hey baby, can I get your number?" it should be fine.

8-WORK: Yes. I know folks say don't date co-workers but I've met most of my significant others (boyfriends, long-term friends, etc.) at work. It's like school...you're with them all the time, so you can build up trust and get to know that they aren't a psycho stalker. It's a good way.

1-grocery store- Yes

2-gym- No, annoying.

3-club/bar with friends- yes

4-walking to a shop- No, would feel like some one is following me, ie: creepy.

5-driving- No.

6-school (in class/outside class) N/A

7-art show/football game/some other outing Yep.

8-WORK- Not permitted.

what if the guy came up to you in the gym and noticed when you first came in and says he is seeing improvement and asks about your routine and your diet...then says in talking to you that you seem really cool and wants to take you out? hmmm, quite a quandry now huh? and he's hot.....

what if the guy came up to you in the gym and noticed when you first came in and says he is seeing improvement and asks about your routine and your diet...then says in talking to you that you seem really cool and wants to take you out? hmmm, quite a quandry now huh? and he's hot.....

Then I would have to say yes!

I meant it's just annoying when guys start talking when I'm on the treadmill or something.

Archived