So I hung out with my ex. What to make of it?

kevin456

I talked to my ex face-to-face today for the first time since she dumped me about 8 months ago.

She started dating a guy about a month after me so at that point I cut off contact. 6 solid months of no contact since the break up, I was doing my thing at college, and this summer I was feeling good so I decided to test the waters (about a month ago, via text). We've been texting recently (mostly initiated by me), and whenever I brought up hanging out in person she was clearly reluctant. I told her that I was giving up, and that I wouldn't be bothering her anymore. Bingo. Complete 180 and just like that, she was down to hang out.

I could tell she was nervous at first, but I made it very easy for her. We laughed together and had a really good time just talking about our lives. No boyfriend talk, no talking about the past. It went quite smoothly, even better than I thought it would. I'm sure she got the same impression.

When I was dropping her off at home, it seemed like she wanted to stay longer, or she was waiting for me to initiate a hug or something (I didn't...I don't do hugs). She had a big smile on her face and I could tell she was really enjoying herself.

So what do I do from here? I'm not trying to "get her back" per se, but I am trying to attract her back to me. I'm on kind of a short time scale here, as I'm going back to school in a month.

Well I don't really want a relationship given that I'm about to go back to school (that separation helped break us up last time), but I could come around to the idea. Basically my goal is to have a lot of fun with her for the last month of the summer, if you catch my drift *wink* *elbow shot*

Not time to grow up yet, last time I checked I haven't even turned 20.

Unbelievable! I think you must be pretty good at what you want to do. Nothing startling about what you want right? All you want to do is bed a girl for a month and then bolt. I am sure you are the type girls are attracted to, what with the 'I don't do hugs' and all! *wink* *elbow shot*!

Oh and she probably has a boyfriend too? Way to go!

But seriously, is there no one else you can get? I am sure there must be girls willing to do your thing. Why attract someone back when you can just attract someone?

I usually try not to judge. Whatever gives you your kicks. Whatever rocks your boat. But something about what you want to do makes me sick.

I'm realizing now that I don't need this forum anymore. I've healed from my break up, and no advice on this forum is really going to help me. Don't worry though, I'm not leaving for good, I'll probably be back when the next girl breaks my heart. Peace!

Not time to grow up yet, last time I checked I haven't even turned 20.

Just because you haven't hit 20 yet, doesn't mean you need to forget what your parents taught you about right and wrong.

I hope this girl figures out your BS and runs for the hills. You're attitude in this thread kinda makes me start to wonder about why she dumped you. Sounds like you were too immature, which you yourself have admitted. Leave this girl alone.

I'm realizing now that I don't need this forum anymore. I've healed from my break up, and no advice on this forum is really going to help me. Don't worry though, I'm not leaving for good, I'll probably be back when the next girl breaks my heart. Peace!

Wow, you seem to pretty sure that you will have your heart broken soon. You would do well to think of why girls break your heart. Maybe because you try to pull sh!t like this with girls?

Archived