Best way to give a dog away?

CoCo2009

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, you're immature because you adopted a dog without educating yourself on what it's like to be a dog owner. I speak of people that starve and beat their dogs with much harsher language than "immature".

The only way to be truly "responsible" in this situation is to follow through with what you started: raising the dog YOU adopted. He didn't ask to be adopted into your home, you asked for him. Now it is your responsibility to give him a good home until he passes away.

Okay I'm immature, I'm glad you made me aware of this thank you for your input.

I can see where you're coming from. I feel bad sometimes when I don't feel like playing with my dog but she always seems happy enough. I'm sure your dog is okay.

If you're truly that depressed and you feel absolutely no desire whatsoever to take care of your dog or play with it, then I guess your best bet is to shell out the money for a newspaper ad or something, meet with people who are interested and decide who can provide the most loving home for your dog.

Coco, I have noticed you are often reluctant to really listen to the advice given on this forum. I'm not saying you have to follow it or anything, but I hope you put some honest thought into things.

It just makes me sad to think anything could happen to make you fall back to the point of your suicide thread again. I hope you aren't there now. I'm doing so much better and I just want the same for you too. I don't know why but it just really makes me sad.

Well if thats what you want to assume? I'm trying to get out of this depression without having to worry about another life to take care of. I didn't expect to become this depressed when I adopted the dog okay? I don't want to put a dogs happiness before mine and at this point I cant focus on myself knowing that I am abusing my dog. Obviously I am uneducated and irresponsible. I need to get out of this cloud. I'm sorry but when I adopted the dog I didn't think about how depressed I would become, that I would lose my job, that I would freaking hate waking up in the morning. I am trying to find ways to get out of this depression and just because I am trying to find a loving home for my dog does no mean that I am wollowing, I am trying to improve myself by doing whats right.

Coco, I have noticed you are often reluctant to really listen to the advice given on this forum. I'm not saying you have to follow it or anything, but I hope you put some honest thought into things.

It just makes me sad to think anything could happen to make you fall back to the point of your suicide thread again. I hope you aren't there now. I'm doing so much better and I just want the same for you too. I don't know why but it just really makes me sad.

Its not that I am reluctant to listen to the advice its that I'm being judged by trying to do the right thing. I didn't ask for people to tell me to force myself into playing with a dog. I already tried that. What fun is in forcing yourself to play with a dog? It just doesn't make any sense to me.

no one is forcing you to do anything. we're trying to make you see things differently. i've offered loads and loads of help, on and off ENA, sent you things and recommended things to you. your reluctance and desire to stew are what is keeping you from getting through it. you want to tell yourself youre depressed, so you do, so you stay depressed. why? why not just follow through and try to get through each day and take care of yourself and do things to get yourself out of this funk? how is getting rid of an innocent dog going to get you out of it?

Just so everyone in this post is aware. I am reading what I'm writing, I am reading the posts. Good grief I thought people would want to see a dog happy, not unhappy with a owner that doesn't play with it.

Its not that I am tired of the dog its just obvious the dog isn't getting the attention it needs, it sits around all day because the owner is depressed and has no interest in playing with it. At this point I'm not intersted in anything and I'm not going to become interested in the dog anytime soon. I am working on looking for a job, and reading books so that I don't even want to run my car into a wall. I think a dog should be the least of my worries at this point. I have a hard time getting out of the freaking bed. I need to do something for myself.

If you really feel you need to get rid of the dog, you should. Try not to take the comments too personally as I'm sure they come from the best intentions.

Also, I remember you said you did not have insurance. I know for a fact there are clinics that serve those without insurance (my mom runs one), and you can get in to see a doctor or a nurse practitioner .. in this case I would try for the latter as they are often more focused on the patient as a person. They CAN prescribe you medications that could really help with your depression after asking you some questions to see what route you should go. If you can't shake this, I think it is time to give it a try. They have helped me so much.

no one is forcing you to do anything. we're trying to make you see things differently. i've offered loads and loads of help, on and off ENA, sent you things and recommended things to you. your reluctance and desire to stew are what is keeping you from getting through it. you want to tell yourself youre depressed, so you do, so you stay depressed. why? why not just follow through and try to get through each day and take care of yourself and do things to get yourself out of this funk? how is getting rid of an innocent dog going to get you out of it?

Why are you judging me? You are not correct I have been trying to get out of this depression please don't make comments like that they are not true.

your dog gives you a reason to get out of bed--b/c it needs to go out. that's a start. he gives you a reason to go outside and get fresh air. that's another start. your dog's unhappiness is in your head. i bet you $1000 that your dog is happier than you think.

Coco, could someone help you take care of it while you recover?

What kind of dog is it? Would it be suitabe to be trained as a dual purpose dog? Something to look into if you're determined to give it up.

I don't know what type of dog he is, he is a mutt I got from the pound, He looks like a larger miniature pinscher. I have no idea what type of dog he is. I only have pics to show people.

Why are you judging me? You are not correct I have been trying to get out of this depression please don't make comments like that they are not true.

in the months and months and months i've been responding to you and emailing with you and trying to help you, have i judged you?

i dislike irresponsible pet owners. call it a crime. i'm trying to show you how you can be responsible and how your dog is useful in getting through this. you seem adament to prove me wrong in that. fine.

If you really feel you need to get rid of the dog, you should. Try not to take the comments too personally as I'm sure they come from the best intentions.

Also, I remember you said you did not have insurance. I know for a fact there are clinics that serve those without insurance (my mom runs one), and you can get in to see a doctor or a nurse practitioner .. in this case I would try for the latter as they are often more focused on the patient as a person. They CAN prescribe you medications that could really help with your depression after asking you some questions to see what route you should go. If you can't shake this, I think it is time to give it a try. They have helped me so much.

I tried to see a doctor and they charge 100 dollars just to see you, I can't afford that. It was urgent care, is that the wrong type of place to go to?

in the months and months and months i've been responding to you and emailing with you and trying to help you, have i judged you?

i dislike irresponsible pet owners. call it a crime. i'm trying to show you how you can be responsible and how your dog is useful in getting through this. you seem adament to prove me wrong in that. fine.

Im not trying to prove anything to anybody I'm just trying to be a better person and do whats right..yet its coming accross to everyone that I'm a self loathing * * * * * that just wants to get rid of her dog because she's a diva. I don't know?

Yeah that is the wrong place. You might have to look it up or ask around a little in your area but my mom runs a clinic (that is under the local hospital) that focuses on the uninsured specifically. They are usually pretty small and sort of like a family practice. Since you live in California where there are many immigrants.. you are bound to have one around.

Also, this is one thing I think is worth spending your money on. Think of it as investing in yourself. You can't make money if you can't function.

Yeah that is the wrong place. You might have to look it up or ask around a little in your area but my mom runs a clinic (that is under the local hospital) that focuses on the uninsured specifically. They are usually pretty small and sort of like a family practice. Since you live in California where there are many immigrants.. you are bound to have one around.

Also, this is one thing I think is worth spending your money on. Think of it as investing in yourself. You can't make money if you can't function.

Yeah that last part is really true. I don't know where to start. Do I just call a hospital and ask where the free clinics are? I look online and it the phone book and I just get no where like I get overwhelmed or something and I just give up. I feel like I am always hitting a wall or something, it feels so strange.

Archived