am i at risk? (forgot to take pill)

alls

i was very forgetful with my pill for a few days.

i usally take it at 8 - 8.30 in the morning

friday - took it at 8pm

saturday - took it at 11pm

sunday - took it at 7pm.

i only had sex on the friday night and we did use a condom.

would i have still been protected?

thanks.

i know this isn't good and am working on it.

it's ok as long as you take the pill within 12 hours of the normal time you take it. I used to always take my pill at 11pm at night but once I forgot and woke up with a shock the next morning at 10am and quickly took one... and I was fine. Of course, I could have just been lucky so make sure you use a condom if you take it as late as I did for at least a month after.. i think that's the recommended plan of action if that happens..

i was very forgetful with my pill for a few days.

i usally take it at 8 - 8.30 in the morning

friday - took it at 8pm

saturday - took it at 11pm

sunday - took it at 7pm.

i only had sex on the friday night and we did use a condom.

would i have still been protected?

thanks.

i know this isn't good and am working on it.

I think you're fine hon because you used a condom. Don't obsess over it or you'll make yourself sick. People have sex with JUST condoms, NOT even being on the pill and they don't get pregnant.

I missed one pill. I normally take it at 9pm, but took it the following day at 4.

I'm now 24.6 weeks pregnant =P (25 weeks tomorrow YAY) Only reason I was on the pill though was I was adviced to wait 6 months before trying again. Luckily nothing bad became because of it, =D

So do keep using condoms. =D

I think because you used a condom, the pill is irrelevant here for this.

But like mentioned, generally its BEST and most EFFECTIVE when taken at the same time, as it keeps the hormone levels consistent and level in your body when taken at or around the same time.

But going beyond a day, you treat it as a missed pill and use a second method of birth control.

Archived