Is taking off a childs clothes to spank sexual abuse.

shoreline

I am not referring to you specifically at all. You don't even have kids, right?

The theory that kids need to be slapped at in order to behave just annoys the life out of me. I would be a strict parent and cannot stand children being unruly but I still don't see the need to show physical domination. I think it sends the wrong message and leads to violence in adulthood. Just my opinion.

Most of my opinions on parenting come from sociologists and the things I have learned earning my minor. I am an only child and haven't seem too many good examples of corporal punishment working out.

I think humiliation tactics work to ease the stress of the parent more than help guide the child.

What is your minor?

Physical discipline is not for every child. Some children are just naturally obiedient while some are not and need physical discipline. I am not talking about beating them with a wire hanger. But maybe a slap on the hand and a firm "No!". I can always tell kids who are not disciplined. They are out of control, rude, and have no respect for elders. It doesnt promote violence unless you are abusing the child.

I dont know, I dont have children so I cant say for sure. I do remember that I got spanked, but I was also an unruly and disobedient child. My mom tried time out, she tried talking with me calmly, and all of the other discipline methods but I was out of control and had emotional problems. So some kids need the fear in order to behave.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well heck, then...they've got new definitions for everything now. I definitely wouldn't sit there with a kid over my lap hitting them as hard as I can for 5 minutes. I mean, it definitely worked for me when I was a kid, but I always figured that cracking a kid once on the butt was still considered a spanking. I guess everyone's got their own definitions now. Next thing you know that lady at Wal-Mart is going to be saying "You hit your son on the butt .4 newtons over the limit! THAT'S spanking!"

Archived