Is taking off a childs clothes to spank sexual abuse.

shoreline

Alli in the OP's case...yes THAT was definetely absusive. NO doubt. I believe spanking need to happen as early in the childs life as possible though...usually around the age of 2-5 when a childs personality is developing. THAT is when children learn good and bad behaviors because they absorb everything like a sponge. That's why you see 7 and 8 year olds back talkking their parents in stores, and throwing fits in public. And usually by their teen years they are TOO far gone for ANY discipline to matter.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spanking doesn't work for every child. I find it amusing how immature adults constantly refer to children as "incapable of reason" or logic. Children are MUCH more receptive and intelligent than we give them credit for. Swatting a child's rear just makes a parent look like a fool.

My dad was spanked his whole life. He learned to deal with it. He continued to do bad things because the spanking didn't bother him anymore.

It's all about humiliation tactics, typically. This example is the worst. Removing a child's clothing to spank them? Why not just make the child crawl on four legs with a collar and bark, eating out of a bowl? I'll say it again, some people treat their pets better than their children.

I was a freshmen in high school when I was 13.

I think that you should give children more credit.

My two sisters have never been spanked in their lives. They are both very good children (but they weren't always).

As for me, I've been spanked once. On christmas, by my father. I don't even remember what I was spanked for. I remember it being very traumatic though.

I think maybe the differences between AU/US schooling is leading me astray.

I've been spanked maybe a couple dozen times, max, and you know what? I was being a little * * * * at those times. Since I had the ability to amuse myself with virtually anything, negative punishment was not effective, so positive punishment it had to be.

It kept me relatively in line when I flat-out ignored my parents, it was the only advantage they could gain over me at the time, and I have no regrets.

Taking their toy away results in the kid whining incessantly until they get their way. How to you teach the kid to quit whining? Putting them in time out teaches them to be crafty and find a way out of there. The only thing that worked and worked quickly was a good crack on my butt when I was a kid. Not 5-10 cracks, but one or two good, swift ones and I was a lot more careful.

It's like putting your hand on a hot stove. Once you get burned, you learn quickly to not put your hand on that stove, or even go near there. That's another thing - not going near there. If you're talking nice to a kid who's misbehaving, he's not going to take you seriously - he's going to test you. He's going to see how close he can go before you break. I'm not saying shout your head off for an hour, but they need that little scare. A kid's going to get used to getting their toys taken away a lot easier than getting their butt smacked. If my parents took my toys away, I found something else fun to do. There IS no fun in getting spanked.

Sorry...but it's ridiculous to call swatting a childs butt "abuse". I was spanked as a child...on plenty occasions because I was a brat. I turned out fine. I'm well adjusted. I am NOT abusive or mean. Spanking a child is a parents personal choice on how to raise their child. So when a parent sees fit to spank their child, someone who deems spanking as abusive calls child services on them. Why is that fair? Parents can't even control their own kids these days...maybe that explains why more and more kids are ending up in jail at a young age.

Spanking doesn't work for every child. I find it amusing how immature adults constantly refer to children as "incapable of reason" or logic. Children are MUCH more receptive and intelligent than we give them credit for. Swatting a child's rear just makes a parent look like a fool.

My dad was spanked his whole life. He learned to deal with it. He continued to do bad things because the spanking didn't bother him anymore.

It's all about humiliation tactics, typically. This example is the worst. Removing a child's clothing to spank them? Why not just make the child crawl on four legs with a collar and bark, eating out of a bowl? I'll say it again, some people treat their pets better than their children.

Humiliation is one thing, and inappropriate IMO, but Seymore sums it up brilliantly above.

~sage words~

This - 100 times this. For me, as a creative and relatively intelligent/logical child, punishment was an excercise infiguring how to beat punishment. I could piss my parents off no end, and did, yet a slap or two on the butt was something I simply couldn't fight.

For the record, I was never hit in anger, only in a reasoned and deliberate fashion, as a reprimand.

So when you're a being little **** again one day, (we all are sometimes) let your friends know they should smack you accross the face. hehe

Actually, my best mate and I deliver cuffs accross the back of the head as appropriate, yes, but only to each other, and often in defence of a lady's honour... (Trust me, it makes sense)

Seriously though, there is an enormous difference between swatting an * * * * , an striking a face. The bottom has been an arbitrary swatting point, partly I'd say due to lack of risk of damage (as distinct from pain). So it is, from a contextual perpective, slightly different to hit anywhere else. And yes I know you were joking, but still.

It was a jokey Mcjokerson.

I have just never been a fan of spanking. My mother hit me with a meat tenderizer mallet and it was just pathetic. Even at 6 years old, I knew she had run out of options. It's desperation.

Wow... That's kinda indefensible, huh?

I say thank you!

And if a guy asks for pics that he may make a just and true judgement on the quality of your rack, in the hopes of being able to truthfully compliment you and gain your thanks?

(inb4 posting a pic from an ikea catalogue)

If a parent has to resort to spanking, in my opinion they have some problems they need to solve in terms of how they handle things. There is absolutely no situation with a child that requires spanking, nor is it something that is needed to punish them. Kids respond to it differently, however there is no doubt that it could have negative results, and there are many more things to do that do not require anything physical to make the child listen. Kids are more responsive and intelligent than some seem to think, you just have to find the right approach.

I know if I will ever have kids, I will not lay a hand on them.

I think this is one of those incidents where some people will want to make it out to be sexual abuse... i don't think it is. i think that the caretaker did it out of habit, nothing more.

now if this was combined with something else... then, maybe. sexual abuse don't just stop there when the abuser have opportunity.

I am far too compliant.

Iffie, would you please provide me with pictures of - ah, nm, joke's not worth it.

If a parent has to resort to spanking, in my opinion they have some problems they need to solve in terms of how they handle things. There is absolutely no situation with a child that requires spanking, nor is it something that is needed to punish them. Kids respond to it differently, however there is no doubt that it could have negative results, and there are many more things to do that do not require anything physical to make the child listen. Kids are more responsive and intelligent than some seem to think, you just have to find the right approach.

And when your responsive and intelligent kid is of the philosophy that he should have equal power/rights, is a manipulative little bugger and completely non-compliant? When no other deterrent will work?

What's the plan then? What are your methods that you've got up your sleeve for when your future children are beyond reproach?

My dog is the equivalent or a terrible child.

I can tell you right now that you don't use an indoor voice to reprimand a dog and you don't pull on a kid's leash when he's doing something he ought not to.

What's the plan then? What are your methods that you've got up your sleeve for when your future children are beyond reproach?

I can tell you right now that you don't use an indoor voice to reprimand a dog and you don't pull on a kid's leash when he's doing something he ought not to.

No, apparently I should just hit him.

I don't pull his leash or scream. I will remove the stimulus, put him in his cage (aka room), make him sit or distract him with toys.

When my dog was a pup in training I had a choke collar...so actually I would pull on the collar to choke her when I was training her. She's five now, and STILL listens to her commands. Guess it worked.

A spanking is no different in disciplining a child than a choke collar on a dog.

The problem is some parents are INconsistent with disclipline. One day they'll "punish" the child for something by giving him "time out" the next they let it slide. If a dog pooped in your living room ....yes you WOULD smack it in the face or rub it's nose in the poop. THAT'S how they learn. If a child pooped on your floor...I'm certain if a child pooped on your kitchen floor knowing it was wrong...and after being told NOT to...

your reasoning might change.

Why would you do that? You shouldn't hit a dog no matter what!

You wouldn't distract a kid who's being bad with toys, either. My point was that you can't compare a dog to a kid.

How can you hit a child but not a dog?

I will NEVER understand that.

You can distract a child (toddler) from getting in trouble once you see it happening. They start having a fit or wandering off, their attention can be regained with toys or something.

When my dog was a pup in training I had a choke collar...so actually I would pull on the collar to choke her when I was training her. She's five now, and STILL listens to her commands. Guess it worked.

A spanking is no different in disciplining a child than a choke collar on a dog.

The problem is some parents are INconsistent with disclipline. One day they'll "punish" the child for something by giving him "time out" the next they let it slide. If a dog pooped in your living room ....yes you WOULD smack it in the face or rub it's nose in the poop. THAT'S how they learn. If a child pooped on your floor...I'm certain if a child pooped on your kitchen floor knowing it was wrong...and after being told NOT to...

your reasoning might change.

Wow..... I don't even have words for this.

I pity your children and animals. Rubbing a dog's nose in feces is animal cruelty, hon. Sickening.

Archived