Ugly duckling?

sarahkay101

So i seen someone the other day i havent seen in a long time from high school. (i am in 20's now) anyway, this person came up to me and says, what the hell happen to you, and i am like what do you mean and she goes you look different, did you get plastic surgery or something? and i'm like what?then she goes i always knew you were an ugly-duckling. now i use to be really akward and ugly in high school by the way, i even had an overbite and acne, mostly all the guys and girls would make fun of my appearance. but now i have changed, i am not saying i look like a supermodel but i am very attractive now. during those years i guess my features started changing and i got braces. but i did not get surgery. why do some people think someone would look the same as they did in high school? and why would she say something like that, what the hell is a ugly-duckling?

I find it astonishing, and also fantastic, that so many girls I went to high school with grew up to be HOT. Very hot. I've been with my wife since the middle of high school so how attractive the other girls were never mattered to me.. but I guess I'm really happy for them that they turned out so well.

I'm not sure why people would assume we'd look the same as we did in high school. Personally, I hope (and I'm reasonably certain), that I'm quite a bit more attractive than I was back then. I'm not sure how I'd feel if someone told me "wow, your cute now.. but you were fugly as a teen"... Maybe good.. maybe bad. I suppose it would be tactless of them.

Yayyyy!!!! Cuz you know what? Now you have the personality of the nice girl (cuz let's face it--the girls that were hot in high school were the b*tches) and you're a hottie!! You're every guy's fantasy!!

As for myself, I was the ugly-duckling of the group. All my friends were hotter. They got ALL the attention. Only thing was that one of them was just as flat as I am. And guess what? SHe just got a boob job! lol But we go to different schools now, so ancient history. But I feel your pain, I was the ugly-duckling too (of the group anyway).

as soon as we exit our teens, we lose the awkwardness assosiated with puberty. Attractiveness often depends on how we carry our selves in public. It would only be natural that you become more attractive as you approach your thirties because you are more comfortable in your own skin. Of course it also depends on whether you maintain healthy lifestyle. good for you!

I could relate to this too. I was skinny, pale and awkward. I went through the Clark Kent phase in my late teens only then to go away one summer and come back, contact lenses an all and bulked up somehow. My legs, torso and arms for example, all were different and I was a lot more athletic as I started playing more futbol.

I would say that I am now a lot more comfortable with my physical appearance and I know by fact a few people are shocked at how I turned out. My increase in confidence was probably partially due to my newfound comfort. And I haven't done a single thing, it's all natural.

I would say your colleague made those remarks as a backhanded compliment, probably in surprise so I wouldn't worry too much about it. If someone thought I was ugly before, I would be a little offended but nobody is the same now as when they were at school.

I was extremely akward and "ugly" in highschool. Feel much more comfortable about myself now. I also get the same comments from ex highschool ppl I have crossed paths with on FB.

I think she meant it as a compliment.. as in "you turned into a beautiful swan and I always knew you would".

I am handsome and I still don't attract them.

Wrap your mind around that one for a while.

I am told I am handsome, AND I do attract them, but just not quite enough for it to go anywhere!

I am like the diet coke of attraction. Just a little bit, but not quite enough, so it seems!

I am told I am handsome, AND I do attract them, but just not quite enough for it to go anywhere!

I am like the diet coke of attraction. Just a little bit, but not quite enough, so it seems!

Aren't you scottish or irish or english or something like that?

Come to america if you have an accent. The girls will eat you up.

Archived