A boyfriend calls another girl sexy in front of you...

cheerfuldaisy

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He also said he tends to be bored when things turn old. Then I asked him a question: "If the thing turns old, will you throw it away, and ignore it." Then he said he will try to reinvent it and improve it. He told me not to worry.

I think what he means is telling me not to worry, he won't throw away something old and replace it with something new/fresh.

What do you guys think when he said that.

From this it doesn't even sound like you're in a relationship yet, just that you go on dates every now and then.

Is he with loads of guy friends as well when he makes these comments? Maybe he's just trying to look like 'the big guy'.

I wouldn't like it, nor would i put up with it.

Well, he does said that you are still my test. He always asked me so many personal (hobbies, likes and wants) questions when I am on a date with him. He also would say what he likes and what he looks for or likes in a girl. He states his requirement indirectly. He always want to find out my personality types and wants to get to know me further.

When he said he is testing me. Does it mean he is still deciding on whether to continue with the relationship?

Also, why would he still continue to go to networking events? Does it mean he still hunting for the right girl that is why he still continuously go to those events to meet new people?

Sounds like he was being one of the guys, and very thoughtless with it, perhaps he was drunk and not watching his mouth.

maybe he considers natural beauty to be better than sexy. I mean, it's like saying you don't even have to try to be beautiful, you just are.

I'd get dolled up next time you go to a party and show him. If you want him to call you sexy, then dress sexy

From this it doesn't even sound like you're in a relationship yet, just that you go on dates every now and then.

Is he with loads of guy friends as well when he makes these comments? Maybe he's just trying to look like 'the big guy'.

I wouldn't like it, nor would i put up with it.

yeah, it sounds like that to me too.

Well, he does said that you are still my test. He always asked me so many personal (hobbies, likes and wants) questions when I am on a date with him. He also would say what he likes and what he looks for or likes in a girl. He states his requirement indirectly. He always want to find out my personality types and wants to get to know me further.

When he said he is testing me. Does it mean he is still deciding on whether to continue with the relationship?

Also, why would he still continue to go to networking events? Does it mean he still hunting for the right girl that is why he still continuously go to those events to meet new people?

what????? his test!!

yuck, I'd dump his ass! That is a clear indication that you are in no way exclusive.

what????? his test!!

yuck, I'd dump his ass! That is a clear indication that you are in no way exclusive.

But then on our first date he said he wants to be more than friends with me. What does "more than friends" mean then? He hug, kiss me on cheek and kiss me on my lips. What does that mean?

But then on our first date he said he wants to be more than friends with me. What does "more than friends" mean then? He hug, kiss me on cheek and kiss me on my lips. What does that mean?

well, anything from kissing and cuddling and more, to a full on relationship.

His definition could be anything, maybe you should just ask him.

But the impression here is that his 'more than friends' means he likes you, but not ONLY you.

Also, it is strange that he never asked me for email addresses or msn. We only contact through phone calls or text messages. However, he added me to facebook. But it took him a week to add me to facebook. He text msg me the next day to join him and his friends after we first met up at a function (which I didnt go with him that day).

Why doesn't he asked for my msn? He said his favour activity at home is msn. So does that mean he is not interested in me or what? I am confused.

communication is communication. if he is asking you out on dates and keeps in regular contact with you, then it doesn't matter whether the contact is through MSN, calling, email, messenger pigeon. personally, i don't like MSN because i don't like to be interrupted in the middle of whatever i am doing.

Just because you're with someone doesn't mean other people stop being attractive. To expect as much is huge red flag about one's self esteem & self worth. Now someone saying someone else is sexy in front of the SO may be normal, but it can also be button pushing. Sometimes it's playful, sometimes it's honest commentary, and other times it's outright mean. Only way to know is the context of why it's being said. IMO if you are affected by someone saying someone else is hot when they're not button pushing then you have issues.

I wouldn't make it a big deal if my SO said something to me about another girl being sexy, but I wouldn't be ok with it if it was a regular thing.

Your bf sounds pretty inconsiderate. However, I'm more worried about him than you.

You're obviously putting up with all his crap, & after so many people on here give you advice, you're still trying to defend his behavior. I think he senses your obvious insecurities & he's just pushing your buttons. Either way, he doesn't sound like a keeper.

Stay with him if you wish, but don't be surprised if this relationship doesn't last long. Either you'll get extremely annoyed with him, eventually, & leave him, or he'll just find someone else to test.

You're pretty much setting yourself up to get hurt, in my opinion.

He sounds like a guy who doesn't want to settle down, at least not now, not with you. And is keeping all his options open.

I think you are overanalyzing him, you're really trying to look for something that is not there. His priorities are not getting to know you and making you feel amazing and beautiful.. To me, he sounds too busy to have a relationship at all Sundays with my bf are the best! Sleep in, big brunch, shower together, go to beach etc..

Okay, this guy doesn't sound like good boyfriend material; not for you, anyway. He obviously wants something lighthearted and casual and there's nothing wrong with that. You're reading into stuff and getting a bit heavy... it's gonna make him run, it'd make most guys run. But just because he's busy on Sundays and hasn't asked for your MSN, doesn't mean anything :S he has a life of his own, and have you tried asking for his MSN? And I gotta say, I can never be bothered speaking to my boyfriend on MSN because tbh it's lame and I'd rather just speak to him when I've got something to say, or when I actually see him in person!

Either dump him or play him at his own game - flirt with guys. OH, and you say you just dress casual - maybe try and be a bit sexier!

Personally, I wouldn't call other women sexy in front of my girlfriend. It's just one of those unwritten rules. Like, what's the point of going to great lengths and opening your mouth to say that in front of her. It might offend her, or it might make her think you were checking her out a little too seriously. Come on, women know we look at other women just as much as they look at other guys. But it's probably not a smart thing to mention that sort of thing to your lady. Just my opinion.

Archived