Challenging myself

Yeah, what happened? I was wondering how your situation turned out?

EDIT: Nevermind, saw the thread. Well, it looks hopeful, at least. How do you feel about it now?

Well, I can't say it feels 'good' to be apart still, but I think those few days spoke volumes. You know what they say... actions speak louder than words.

At some point, I'll be putting together a longer set of thoughts on my experiences through this process so far (probably in the Getting Back Together forum). All in all, I'm happy with myself in how I've approached this (obviously).

Oh, and a belated Happy Bday, CO!

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The ex sent belated wishes.... I did respond. Hopefully that doesn't seem like I was opening a door or something. I kept it to one short sentence as you would with an acquaintance.

Good luck, TT. I'll keep following your situation as I can (work is totally insane right now).

yeah i stopped checking her facebook page for about 3 weeks and checked it a few days ago i was fine though and felt stronger that i was losing my feelings....that was the last i checked and i will join u guys here as well....no more checking her FB page ever!!!

yeah i stopped checking her facebook page for about 3 weeks and checked it a few days ago i was fine though and felt stronger that i was losing my feelings....that was the last i checked and i will join u guys here as well....no more checking her FB page ever!!!

Good for you, man.... vent as you need to, lean on us...

• 7 months later...

I'm necro-ing this thread to fulfill a promise I made to all the wonderful people who posted here and helped me through the worst time I've yet endured in my life.

But before I get to the point, things are much better. I still think about her, probably daily, but it's never for very long. I still dream about her, but I don't get those longing feelings afterward; it's more like a "this is wrong" kind of feeling. So progress continues to be made. I read somewhere that it takes roughly 1/3 of the time you were with someone to completely get over them when they're gone. If that's a roughly accurate rule of thumb, I've got a couple of months to go before I'm completely back to normal. And that's a really comforting thought.

But anyway, the point of this post is to provide a link to the video of the play I wrote, which was performed in Austin this past January. While the play was a commercial failure (I expected nothing less from my first attempt), it was a great critical success. A reviewer from Now Playing Austin gave it 4.5 out of 5 stars, and seemed sincere in his wishes to see it done again soon. But most importantly, I was very happy with the finished product, even though it differed slightly from the direction I took it in my head. But that's part of the fun!

So the link is below. Be advised if you've never watched live theater on film, it definitely loses something in the translation. What was an incredibly tense or intimate moment might seem boring when it's not live and in-person. Also, the sound quality isn't the greatest. I tried my best to clean it up, but I had no choice but to film from right under a ventilation shaft, so you might wanna turn up your speakers and endure the white noise so that you catch most of the dialogue.

Habit. (NSFW - Language)

Feel free to send me a PM telling me what you thought, or leave a comment on YouTube. I hope you guys are all doing wonderfully, and I really can't thank you enough or too sincerely. I don't know what I would have done without each and every one of you, and you all know who you are.

Archived