talking cacellations

Hello

I am new in this forum. I've been with a guy for the last couple of months, we are currently living in different countries (not really far though) and everything seemed to be ok, and we comunicated a lot.

Last week he's been off 4 days due to work, and we've been texting each other to keep in touch, he phoned me on the 2nd day and said to try talking the next one. It happened that he was with his colleagues and didn't have time (or better, he was having nice time I think, which is great). Said to talk the next day, but we didn't.

He came back to his country and an hour later he was calling me, it was nice and he asked to talk again the next day, which I agreed. That was yesterday.

He texted 2 hours earlier, saying that he was sorry, he would be late and will text me when get back home and 'remember I am in love with you'.

I said this was the 3rd time in 4 days he 'canceled' talking to me, and that it didn't feel good.

He didn't reply and he hasn't talked or written to me since then (last night). I don't believe I accused him of anything, or blaming him, I just expressed how I was feeling.

I didn't think he was the kind of person that would just 'shut up' for a situation like this one, but considering it's being 15 hours and he hasn't try to contact me on any form, it seems to me he is.

I won't contact him. Do you think I am doing well?

thanks

I think you made a big deal out of nothing. He did indeed keep in touch with you...he was on vacation and got tied up with other things but he certainly made it a point to be in touch. I think you over-reacted in this situation. However, have you actually seen him at all in the few months you have been communicating? Why didn't he come to see you on his time off?

Hello, thanks for your reply.

Yes, I've seen him, and he didn't came because he was off due to his work to another country (not mine or his).

Maybe I over reacted, as you said. But centanly it made me feel I can be put up, down, on and off his schedule, and that feels awful. I do make my time to talk to him, and I don't feel he's doing the same over the last days really.

It would have been nice if he had said something, but his silent attitude is making it feeling worse really.

I don't think he's done anything wrong at all. He's been keeping in touch all along and just because you haven't heard from him in 15 hours (you're actually counting the hours!!??), doesn't mean there's something wrong.

I think you're coming accross as way too needy/clingy and putting too much pressure on the poor guy. He's busy and can't be in touch every hour on the hour, so to speak.

Carry on with your day. He'll be in touch when he can.

I don't think he's done anything wrong at all. He's been keeping in touch all along and just because you haven't heard from him in 15 hours (you're actually counting the hours!!??), doesn't mean there's something wrong.

I think you're coming accross as way too needy/clingy and putting too much pressure on the poor guy. He's busy and can't be in touch every hour on the hour, so to speak.

Carry on with your day. He'll be in touch when he can.

Ok, so I am getting everything wrong?

Do you mean it should be ME contacting him? or should I wait?

You should feel comfortable enough at this stage to contact him as well..but also not be needy and clingy about it. Contact him and just chat casually.

thanks! we talked, it's sorted now.

An outside view helps, thanks a lot.

Archived