When is it OK to call?

Daligal83

I called and we talked for an hour and twenty minutes He did ask what I was doing this weekend, but didn't offer to come in. His sister is coming in to visit though, so probably not the weekend he could do it. Maybe he'll offer for next weekend? I really want to see him again.

Maybe next time you can hint, since supposedly he's shy.

Something like "Aww. Too bad, we could have done something. Maybe another time."

You can also let him bring it up of course, Just do what feels right that moment based on his signals.

This might not work since it's long distance, but when a guy I liked would ask "so what are you doing this weekend" I would say with a little bit of "coy" in my voice "going on a date with you!" -- but that was only after a number of dates when it was obvious he was calling to ask me out. Long distance is trickier since he might not be calling to ask you out given the distance.

I would be careful about too many long phone convos where he gets used to the privilege of your company without having to put in the effort to make a plan to see you.

He had a genuine reason to cut short the phone conversation - the batteries were dying. So why not give him a call just to say hi? I don't think it is wrong to call. However if you call more than once on the same day during the very early phases of dating that might come accross as clingy. But I do not see any problem with one call.

Archived