Freedom.

waveseer

I think that freedom = peace. Buddha said that peace is the absence of suffering.

I agree that there is much peace to be found in freedom, but freedom is so much more than the absence of suffering, it is the sensation of limitlessness as well.

I agree that there is much peace to be found in freedom, but freedom is so much more than the absence of suffering, it is the sensation of limitlessness as well.

I think "suffering" signifies our perception of what suffering is .. and if we realize that we have control over our thoughts and our perception then we will no longer perceive anything as "suffering" - in other words nothing negative will exist.

If we have control over our perception- i.e. our thoughts then that is total freedom of everything- and we are limitless because we control how we perceive things.

That is at least how i "perceive it" ..lol

I think "suffering" signifies our perception of what suffering is .. and if we realize that we have control over our thoughts and our perception then we will no longer perceive anything as "suffering" - in other words nothing negative will exist.

If we have control over our perception- i.e. our thoughts then that is total freedom of everything- and we are limitless because we control how we perceive things.

That is at least how i "perceive it" ..lol

Do you have total control over that? lol

I believe I control my own thoughts to a great enough degree to effect great change in my perception. The power to change one's thoughts (and therefore one's perceptions) tends to decrease as the perceived amount of suffering increases (we tend to box ourselves in). In order to change our overall perspective when we are suffering we must first alter our thinking on the suffering itself, sometimes just a little at a time as we feel able.

Did we just say the same thing? lol

lol not sure.

but i think yes and no- i think you are saying that suffering is an action- meaning... you have a low paying job.. so you don't have money to make your bills.. therefore you feel down and out... so if you get a better education or a better job you'll make more money so the suffering will be less.

where i'm saying change your perception i.e. thoughts about the job or change your thoughts about money and then the money will come- whether that be a better education or a promotion etc.

lol not sure.

but i think yes and no- i think you are saying that suffering is an action- meaning... you have a low paying job.. so you don't have money to make your bills.. therefore you feel down and out... so if you get a better education or a better job you'll make more money so the suffering will be less.

where i'm saying change your perception i.e. thoughts about the job or change your thoughts about money and then the money will come- whether that be a better education or a promotion etc.

Thank you for explaining, I agree with you. Suffering exists to teach us what type of thinking doesn't work (I am only talking about free will suffering here folks, not abusive suffering). As I once said to a friend, "I have a different view on money than most people. When they don't have enough they think they are spending too much, when I don't have enough I think I'm making too little."

Archived