Freedom.

waveseer

87+ EXCLUSIVE Confused Quotes
87+ EXCLUSIVE Confused Quotes

What does freedom mean to you?

I am feeling very free, more than I have in a very long time, maybe ever. This is what freedom means to me...

When I know who I am and what I value most, freedom is knowing that I am on the right road, headed in the right direction, armed with the right tools, confident in my abilities, and secure in the knowledge that I am focused on the right priorities. No transient emotional state can trump this type of freedom. No lack of responsibility can even compare. No distraction can deter me, I am free to be the person I've always wanted to be.

freedom to me will come the day that i can let her out of my heart enough to allow myself to love and be loved by someone that i deserve and deserves me

I used to think this way, I really did. I spent years hoping for the miracle that would allow me to be free in my heart. What I learned after much pain (all around, not just mine) was that my freedom came when I set a course for my own life and accepted my whole heart as my own to share with others at will.

Excellent topic. I think many people falsely believe freedom to mean physical freedom - ie: they can do whatever and go wherever - a freedom FROM other people's tyranny.

But I believe the most important is freedom of thought. Freedom to make clear and logical decisions based on a true grasp of life and reality. Freedom from both internal and external "propaganda" and brainwashing.

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Goethe

Bravo! Great definition!

Excellent topic. I think many people falsely believe freedom to mean physical freedom - ie: they can do whatever and go wherever - a freedom FROM other people's tyranny.

But I believe the most important is freedom of thought. Freedom to make clear and logical decisions based on a true grasp of life and reality. Freedom from both internal and external "propaganda" and brainwashing.

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Goethe

How can we tell we are truly free from that though?

We may think we are, but are just buying into some other propaganda.

Serious question here.

Freedom is loving .. yourself and others.

Freedom is forgiveness.. of yourself and others.

Freedom is acceptance .. of yourself and others.

Freedom is laughing... at yourself and others.

Freedom is removing judgement ... of yourself and others.

Freedom is making the choice to be free.

I love it, thanks!

Freedom to me is the ability to do what you feel is right for you, whenever you feel like doing it. It is the ability to live in the real world and be content with it. Freedom is knowing exactly who you are and defying anyone to have a problem with that!

Freedom to me is the ability to do what you feel is right for you, whenever you feel like doing it. It is the ability to live in the real world and be content with it. Freedom is knowing exactly who you are and defying anyone to have a problem with that!

Beautiful!

How can we tell we are truly free from that though?

We may think we are, but are just buying into some other propaganda.

Serious question here.

Buying propaganda can make me light-headed but true freedom makes me light-hearted!

Psychopaths do not know who they are, nor do they live in the real world contentedly. Anyone can disagree with who and what I am, but I don't listen to them and I don't care what they say. I respect and love myself. That was a hard won victory and no one, and I do mean no one, will be allowed to take that from me. I am not mean, I give others the same freedoms.

Going back to University ethics class - two thoughts come to mind.

1.) your freedom to swing your fist ends where my face begins

2.) Does freedom of expression include shouting "fire" in a crowded movie theatre?

These are external freedoms, which seem to fall into place when internal freedom is reached, no?

Yes, provided one's freedom also includes personal responsiblity for ones' actions.

Just a thought, do you have a personal mission statement? We should start a post on that. I think I need one.

I think I could scrape one off the tip of my typing fingers, go for it and I'll share.

Archived