Difficult pregnancy

yellowcal

It is just so draining. It seems I have so many problems with this pregnancy that I have never even imagined having. I know I should be extremely glad and consider myself lucky I was blessed enough to carry not just 1 child but 2 after suffering a miscarriage but there are so many days I can't even get near my son because of the fear that I will catch a cold from him or something else and I will get sick and end up back into the hospital (even a small cold at this point is extremely risky for me). I am just now getting out of a week long stay in the hospital where I had a nurse by my bed every 10 minutes in fear that something would happen and they wouldn't get to me quick enough.

It is just so stressing both physically and emotionally. I don't know how to cope It breaks my heart because I can't lift my son up to hug him or carry him around like I used to do. He doesn't fully understand all he knows is mommy is sick and he asks why. I try to explain to him that I have to be careful because of the babies and then he asks me if he made me sick. It is so heartbreaking.

Sigh.. I guess this is just a pregnant rant. Sorry.

I'm so sorry that you're going through such a tough time. I just had a horrific pregnancy and I was only carrying one. Twins are much harder. Hang in there. That's what everyone said to me when I'd come on here ranting! lol Soon you will have new babies! Can you have your son come and sit in your lap instead of picking him up. When he wants "up" just say come over here and sit with me. I know it's not the same, but at least he can close to mommy.

Archived