My brother (age 33) has been dating a nice woman (age 30) for about 2 months. They are deeply attracted to one another and very happy.

He is leaving for 2 weeks on vacation. He wants to give her a "promise" ring before he leaves. The ring is nice, valued around $150.00, just a nice humble ring.

Is it too early for him to give this too her?

When is the appropriate time to give a promise ring? I mean.. they seem to feel they are destined to be engaged, so maybe this is a great step forward.

2 months doesn't seem like very long. But on the other hand, I've seen engagements happen quicker than that.

The answer is, give one if you feel its time. If they both feel strongly about this, then there isn't anything wrong with it. They aren't getting married. They are just showing their committment to each other.

avman

If they're getting alongs so well and the future has as much potential as you say...then I think a "promise ring" sounds thoughtful. After all, it is called a promise ring and isn't intended to have the same meaning as an engagement ring.

Although I've never had one, I would think it's more of a promise made by both parties agreeing that they are in an exclusive relationship w/each other...and even if it doesn't work, the investment isn't that substantial.

I think it's a sweet gesture.

Woobiegirl