any other cougars out there?

sandrawg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dated someone 7 years younger and married someone 5 years younger, so not sure if that exactly qualifies for a cougar or not.

I didn't specifically seek out younger men, we were just attracted to each other and dated.

I did have someone 15 years younger interested in me, but to be honest, i'm not interested in boy-men, more men-men. So i turned them down... i felt that we were just at different maturity levels so didn't have that much in common emotionally.

But a lot depends why you're dating them... if you just want to have fun then enjoy, but i think if you're looking for a serious life partner you want to stay within about 10 years of your own age for best results.

Why do cougars like younger guys... i mean i know to a degree. when i was 19 and 21 i dated a 30 and 34 yr old...

but wanna know more.. just curios...

For me, this just fell in ..... i dont usually like much younger men myself... this guy is just very mature to me... and we clicked.

see i always saw it as...

for the guys it was mainly about looks and sexs.... and for the women it was more about the younger guy wasnt set in his way as much easier to mold so to say.. much more active and fun.. made them feel younger..

I am 46 and dated a guy 8 years younger (may not be classified as a cougar, but he was still younger). I was OK with the age gap there, but then I had a 24 year old guy REALLY pursuing a relationship and that was WAY too young for me! Maybe if it was just a one time thing (or maybe 2 or 3!!! HA! with no attachment, I would be ok with it...but I think the age gap is too large to have anything in common with a person that young. But that's just me..

see i always saw it as...

for the guys it was mainly about looks and sexs.... and for the women it was more about the younger guy wasnt set in his way as much easier to mold so to say.. much more active and fun.. made them feel younger..

for me, i want an adventure.... i dont want a husband and i dont want serious.... i just want to have fun with someone who has that mentality as well.

I haven't been very satisfied dating the younger guys myself (approaching 40). As friends, great, no problem and I enjoy their company. But it's really hard to relate long term to someone in their mid to early 20s because our priorities and interests are in different places. I also am quite conscious of the fact that no matter how good I look for my age, I'm not gonna compete with a sexy little 22 year old at a bar in a skintight, boob baring dress when I've just come home from a 14 hour day at work, dressed in a business suit, and not really in the mood to get trashed as the evening's entertainment.

Sorry. Give me a guy closer to my own age.

Ok-I joke about being a cougar, but I'm 41 and I am seeing two guys--one is 25, one is 27. Being an older woman dating much younger men comes with its own set of issues...is there anyone else on the forum in this situation who can relate to me?

you don't look 41....

Archived