Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Okay so I have finally decided on what my workout regime will be. I bought a new DVD called the 30 Day Shred with Jillian Michaels. She is from the show Biggest Loser and my god she scares the crap out of me she is tough as nails but I think she can give results.

So basically I am trying out this DVD saying that I will lose 20 lbs in 30 days. Now I know it is sort of a gimmick but one of the good things about this DVD is there is three levels beginner, intermediate, and advanced. So as soon as I get use to one level then I can go up. I am not expecting to lose the lbs in 30 days but I have a feeling that it will definetely give me a good kick start into living a more active life. Also if it does do something maybe I will buy more Biggest Loser DVD's this could help people who are wondering if it works.

So I am going to report everyday that I do it, how I feel, if it's working and so on. I have already watched the DVD and I am in for a rough workout (nonstop). She is very aggressive, motivational and will keep you moving and strengthening your whole body. It is going to hurt but pleasure for pain my friends.

See you tomorrow after workout 1!!!!!!!

Hey

Sorry day one has come and went. So OH MY GOD she is NUTS!! I could only get through 8 minutes of this workout the first day. I am pretty much beginner at working out so I was going at her pace and it is really hard. I felt nauseous and had to stop after those eight minutes but I did feel good. I didn't like that I only did 8 minutes but I now it is now a start.

Day two I did 15 minutes. I paced myself a bit more on it, and didn't go exactly at her pace. I still got nauseous but I felt really good but sore the next day.

My advise if your trying this for the first time and have never really had a workout regime before, don't try going her pace at the beginning. There is a lot of cardio in it and it is literally non-stop. For example at the beginning you start with jumping jacks for 3 minutes, then down to the floor for 2 minutes doing push up, then back up with the weights doing squats and weight lifting. Then you do it all over again for a second time and you DO NOT STOP. It may sound easy but try it, you run out of breath very quickly. So take your time, drink LOTS of water and if you don't make it twenty minutes don't worry make it a goal to hit the 20 minutes. Thats what I am doing and it is giving me more incentive to do the video on a daily basis.

Oh and whats really cute is my boyfriend is doing it with me to give me more encouragement to follow through!!! Love him!!

Archived