THE NO CONTACT CHALLENGE, Part 2

Day 18.

Another day, another dollar. Getting close to 21, which is my lowest streak ever without initiating. You still contact me from time to time, but I'm getting so much stronger now.

Today's Horoscope Your heart is in the right place today, Sagittarius, so feel free to share your good mood with others. Keep things simple and straightforward. Try not to complicate issues with unnecessary garble. Streamline your thoughts and actions. You will find that you can be much more efficient when you cut out the aspects that aren't pertinent or absolutely necessary. Follow your heart.

Day 15.

I changed my phone number, to make sure I wont stay looking at my phone. I dont expect him to email me or something since w had only 5 months of contact. So Im just hanging on for time to pass.. Im too proud to contact him, so that wont happen anyway. Guess If he doesnt contact me, it wasnt worth it anyway. I probably didnt mean something to him.

Wish him the best.

Day 93

I'm finally beginning to see "me" as separate from my relationship. It's kind of an odd feeling, because everything has been about "us" for the past four years. I am still quite afraid to let go of the relationship, even though I know I have to. Instead of the fantasies of a reunion, I envision more realistically what would be said and done, especially by me. I realize how incredibly hard it would be to get back together. So many obstacles, and I'm not sure that I'm up for the task. I'm not at a place where I could start over in a new relationship with him, as most people here say you should do. I'd be lying if I said I don't wait for him to contact me, still. His birthday is Saturday, and it's going to kill me to not be there. I had something incredibly awesome planned.

Day 32

I hate when I forget to post. Well, yesterday was a horrible work day. I was working since 1 am and didn't get off till almost 5 am. I was so tired, but I ended up going out to eat with a few friends after I got off. Then when I got home, that's when I just passed out! Haha no wonder I forgot to post..

I am starting day 7. This is the longest I have gone no contact since we broke up 5 weeks ago. The previous longest was 6 days. I feel somewhat better but I wonder if she misses me as much as I miss her. We only dated 4 months but we really liked eachother and I think it scared her away because she was really starting to like me but has commitment issues. We broke after our first argument. She says she still really likes me and cares about me and she is unsure what she wants and needs time. I am struggling and hope I don't break it next Tuesday like I want to.

This is my first time posting on the NC thread..I had gone 6 days of NC with my ex when I wake up to a text from him saying "Are you going to the social?". I responded ya why? I'm not sure if he is asking cause he doesnt want me to be there, asking cause he wants an excuse to talk to me? What are your thoughts. I kinda wish he did not break NC because I was doing really good with not texting him! It was hard but I did it!

Since it's a slow day at work, I've been reading up on all these forums and it's gettin me sad that I got teary......For the first two weeks of break up, I'd walk out of the office bldg where we work together, crying to my car....Now 7 weeks later, I have a feeling it'll happen today

Working with an Ex is so very hard. I can relate and would like to tell you it gets easier but it doesn't for a long time. The best you can do is try to maintain your calm and outward happy appearance. Be friendly towards them and take the high road if you can.

This is my first time posting on the NC thread..I had gone 6 days of NC with my ex when I wake up to a text from him saying "Are you going to the social?". I responded ya why? I'm not sure if he is asking cause he doesnt want me to be there, asking cause he wants an excuse to talk to me? What are your thoughts. I kinda wish he did not break NC because I was doing really good with not texting him! It was hard but I did it!

They will break NC many times. Each time they do you have to try and not respond unless its a very short, non committal response. It's hard to judge why he said what he said. The only person who knows why is him. I would try hard to not let your mind start asking questions about it, don't worry about it, because nothing you think of or worry about will do you any good, nor will it have any affect except to make your mind go nuts.

Day 20.

Birthday came and went. No contact from you. I am really, really disappointed. I heard from over 80 different people today, wishing me a happy birthday and such. And you weren't one of them. Even your brother reached out to me. Last year, you planned my entire birthday party and made three cakes. The year before, same thing. This year, you can't even send me a text? Do you think that lowly of me? Did you do this on purpose? You had no problem reaching out on Thanksgiving.

Did you just forget about me? Am I just not important to you anymore?

Once I make it through Sunday, I set a new record of NC days for myself at 22.

Day 33

Crap it's late. Well I had a pretty good day today and I'm ready to go to bed. I felt great about myself today. I went out and did some phone shopping. I'm thinking about switching over to another carrier. Little changes like these makes me feel that much better about myself. I went to buy a few groceries. I forgot some stuff but oh well I guess lol. I went to the gym and worked out. I had a crazy workout today and my body is really crying to go to sleep right now. I made myself some really good steak today and planning on doing the same thing tomorrow. I always cook for myself when I have a day off because work always provides me free food anyways. So yeah that's pretty much my Friday. Goodnight fellas!

Btw, I didn't think about my ex as much today. I didn't really get emotional today which is a good thing. I still miss her a lot. Sometimes I wonder what she's doing... but I can't let that get to me. I have to focus on myself!! Sigh...

Thanks SethSLC! I know, its just hard not to say anything back. But I really dont want to give in to his texts.

Stay strong, you will get there. This whole "trial" we go through during a breakup is about learning patience and newfound inner strength. You are doing great so far

Broke NC at 95 Days

It's his birthday. After reading thekid's post about being ignored on his birthday, I decided to just send the email telling my ex Happy Birthday, I hope it's a great day, and I hope he gets everything he wishes for. End of story, end of NC. I don't know if he'll respond; in fact, I kind of hope that he doesn't. I guess overall, I don't feel any better or any worse for having sent it. I felt a sense of relief, as I had been stressing all day over whether or not I should do it anyway. It's just a "Happy Birthday" and I don't feel like I'm weak or lowering myself for doing this. In fact, I feel more like I've taken the high road by sending it. I'll see if those feelings change.

rk110, I am at the same stage as you. I feel good about a season's greetings email I sent and has gone unreplied. I think as long as your thoughts are pure and you dont make any requests, they will likely see it for what it is. If you dont get a reply, be assured that they will be greatful. I think if they are still redefinig you, they might misread it as chasing.

I guess if the show was on the other foot, I might be surprised, or disappointed even, maybe even a little curious... Who knows how he'll see it? All I know is that he can't say I ignored him on his birthday. Thanks, perio, for pointing out that he would still be grateful for the email. I think you're right. I don't plan on following up with anything further, so if he misreads it as chasing, he will soon find out he is wrong. I may have cracked the door for something from him, but I will not be chasing. He will not get anything else from me, including at Christmas, if he doesn't respond. It takes all the pressure of Christmas away, from my point of view.