THE NO CONTACT CHALLENGE, Part 2

Day 10

4 more days till it will be 2 weeks since we last spoke. No calls. No texts. I haven't logged on AIM at all. I'm still waiting for my dad's signal for me to start packing and to move away with him to Virginia. So I guess I found a couple of interesting looking schools to go to this Fall in Virginia, so there is some hope out of this whole situation.

We have our TV cable back. It feels weird watching television again.

I feel like the whole world is attacking me and I feel like I'm going to suffocate. I hate my depression more than anything right now, and on top of that a really bruised ego and heart...

Sigh. I'll try and make it, though.

Hang in there... we know you'll make it through!

Does NC really work???

Does it really??

How does it work?

Hello friend

I hope you are well.

The answer to your question depends on what 'work' you mean.

If it means work in the sense of geting an ex back, then I am afraid there i no guarantee.

If you mean works in the sense of sorting out you head and head (plus body etc) then I can honestly say that it works better for that.

Need evidence? Compare my earlier threads/posts to what I type now.

I am not back with my ex, but I got me back.

As to how it works depends on you.

For starters, minimise contact so that you are able to work on yourself without encounters/contacts hindering your healing.

TS

Day 1

Starting all over after we texted yesterday, I just felt I had to break NC to wish her a safe trip home. It definitely sucks though now, the contact has rejuvenated my OCD about the whole situation. Now I am thinking about her all the time before it was just little doses throughout the day. I looked at her facebook last night, she wrote a status with "My heart big but it beat quiet" whatever that means. I always feel like she is messing with my head over facebook but also that is probably just me being obsessive over the situation, hopefully i will turn the corner soon...

Day 4 Music is helping me get through. I know I will be fine. Starting to feel better. Just waiting for the inevitable text or call from her to ask me to pay a bill or ask if I received the check for our security deposit yet. But I am starting to feel like this really IS for the best. Ill always love her but I had become someone I dont even recognize. Time to get ME back.

Day 6

I don't feel so helpless anymore. NC seems to be working already. I have friends to keep me busy and things are looking up. One of my favourite things is travelling and last night a friend suggested an idea for a trip next summer that I hadn't thought about before. When I started thinking about it, I actually got really excited about it. My ex loved to travel too, but this isn't something we would have done together. Maybe the plans won't work out, but just the fact that I got so excited about something else makes me think I'm going to be alright.

Is it okay to throw yourself into things that you love doing after a breakup? I don't want to replace my ex with this if it's going to hurt me in the long term. On the other hand if I do end up making these plans for next summer, it's a definite step towards moving on. I'm essentially saying, "We're not getting back together until at least after next summer".

Still no desire to contact her. I will find someone better for me. I still miss having someone to share my evenings with, to go for walks and out for dinner. But I will find someone who wants to do that with me.

Day 15

Well I have taken a few steps backwards today. I've gone back into denial and thinking stuff like I can't believe she dumped me !! Probably cause it's getting towards the weekend and cause I always picked her up from the airport on a thursday night. But I need to keep it together as I don't want to spoil another weekend !

Back to Day 0, She liked and commented on my facebook status today, two straight days of talking to her, only going to send me into more of a tailspin of wondering if she likes me still or not. She hasn't liked or commented my stuff in weeks until I texted her yesterday after 3 weeks. Weird the second I show her a little of me, she wants to get back in my life. Trying to be NC was successful for 19 days, I am on day 0 and 1.5 hours.

Day 11

I woke up and decided to check out something in my phone. I was shuffling through a list of all the numbers I've dialed in the past year. I scrolled down to this past summer and I found a familiar looking number there and in my heart, I knew it was his number (I deleted him off my contact list)... I rub my thumb over the screen lovingly before hugging my phone. I have no idea why I did that, but I just... Ugh.

Brings back so many sweet memories and I want it back more than anything... 3 more days till it'll be 2 weeks. Wish me luck!

Day 15

Well I have taken a few steps backwards today. I've gone back into denial and thinking stuff like I can't believe she dumped me !! Probably cause it's getting towards the weekend and cause I always picked her up from the airport on a thursday night. But I need to keep it together as I don't want to spoil another weekend !

It happens... I'm at seven weeks today and STILL get slight pangs of missing her. You'll get through it though!

Still Day 4 but a couple buddies said they saw her at a bar with her mom. Her Mom mentioned my name and she stormed out. Why does this make me happy you ask? Because NC is taking hold. She said she would "respect my wishes" by not calling but hey she broke up with me so it's her who has to call. It has given me new hope which might be a bad thing but I'll take it. Also I think I saw her while she was driving off. I was singing in my car and turned and smiled just as her car was pulling up to the intersection. Now I just gotta wait...

Day 2... Urm, her birthday is coming up. No invite for me though, weird as... dunno if its because she doesnt give a * * * * or shes a psycho. I had no issue with the just friends situation, i just didnt want it to be weird at work anymore....

I think you'll get her back. Maintaining composure, being cool is critical. I dont think this NC thing is the way forward, a little smile aludes confidence totally blanking shows immaturity, aswell as that you are not coping.

You are still the person she was once attracted too. Fact. Just be that person.

No chasing

Be cool

Dont be an ass.

I think i'll get my girl back, i have no idea why, just a hunch.