THE NO CONTACT CHALLENGE, Part 2

Day 5

Affirmation: When the right person comes along, I'll love him and it won't hurt.

Damn right! And he won't hurt you.

Hang in there everyone! It gets easier with time. Be good to yourself, remember you deserve to be happy and treated with kindness.

Been a while since I posted in this thread so here goes!

Day...250ish. What a long time. I was such a mess days 1-30. I failed and contacted many many times. Contact did no good at all. Just set me back those days and held me back x2. But what can you do? Part of the process is falling off and contacting them. One learns not to touch the flame by touching it every now and then. That's okay. Experience teaches us better then anything we read/hear. I still admire the flame and look upon it fondly. I even get tempted to touch it - that temptation fades a little everyday.

Be strong!

Ok. No more LC. She had nothing she wanted to tell me. She doesn't want to talk to me any more (so much for "I've enjoyed talking to you again") and I'm pissed off.

Full on No Contact starts here. Let the healing begin.

Doesn't mean I don't still want her back. Doesn't mean I'm not still totally f*d up and crying over the memories. Just means there's no good in talking to her any more.

I'm proud of you.

goodluck with everything

If it helps I have been NC with my ex for 6 weeks now We used to talk on the phone and text ALL the time. The normal number of texts i'd send in a month usually came to around 14000- 11000 approx being my ex lol.

It's hard not to contact someone you were once so attached to, but it's something you must do.

much love

I believe in love, you are bound to get hurt. It's going to happen, when you're in love you are the happiest you've been and also the saddest you've ever been. You just need to realized do the benefits outweigh the "costs" lol

I love this quote "Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for"

Day something

So it's almost been exactly 6 weeks of no contact. For some reason I miss my ex more now then I did before...why is that?

Random memories of him keep popping back into my mind, memories that were never even significant during the relationship. I wonder if he misses me too..

I just came back from the gym so I feel a lot better I love going to the gym!! I never thought I'd become such a gym freak but I enjoy it sooo much

Day 1. Again. That didn't last long. She called, I picked up.

Today, I found myself thinking seriously about suicide. "I don't feel like living any more without her." I have an appointment with my doctor in two and a half hours. I'm not normal. Not even for me.

puff just 5 days NC for me...i was doing well till last week then called...thn after text right up till saturday!!

what is wrong with us...where is our self control....ive never in my life been through such an awful experience.... i swear to god that never will i go through this again!!! i could never put my body and mind into this situation....

Day 30

Well, after months of being strung along I finally had enough. I've made it to day 30. I feel better, but not completely healed yet. I'm going to keep this up. I've had urges to reach out to her but so far have resisted. She's texted me twice during the past 30 days, but neither warranted any type of response. I know she's a little frustrated about me not responding because her last message had a few too many punctuation marks!!!?Whatever.

I haven't talked to our mutual friends during that time either. I've been doing my own thing. In some ways that's helped keep my mind off her. It also helps that I was on vacation for a week during that time. I've started going to the gym again and am looking into joining a boxing club. I figure that would be great exercise and a way to relieve stress.

So I'm not giving up on this challenge. I'm going to stick with it forever unless something drastic happens. No longer do I feel like I NEED her in my life. Yes it would be nice and I do miss her at times but I'll be okay.

Day one, technically, because they texted about living arrangements what are all * * * * ed up, but I told them not to worry about it immediately and go back to NC, please. Story here:

Already feel like * * * * . I'm writing in a journal - a LOT - and also getting all my sappy stuff out, because it's gonna eat me inside for a loooooonnnggggg time. Luckily, I initiated NC before I said too many stupid things. Since I can't tell her, I'll say it here: miss you, and hope you did what will make you happy

Day 3:

I feel terrible. I don't even know how to properly function anymore. I'm just coasting going through life on auto-pilot. I used to be such a happy person, I just want to know when will I be happy again. I miss who I used to be, I wanna find me again. I hate that he's done this to me.

Day 2. Still wondering if she'll call but I sent a pretty desperate and in parts nasty email after I spoke to her the other night. Yesterday the doc called my tutor to tell her there's no way I'm in a fit state to sit exams, so that got that finally out of the way. He also sent a pair of nurses to come and assess how likely I am to try and harm myself.

Today my parents picked me up again and took me home. I'm quiet. They've fed me - I hadn't eaten anything since half a sandwich my friend made me buy on Wednesday. It still hurts every time I remember her, and us, and the things we did. And I don't know if I want to live on without her. I just want to go back to the way things were. It's more evident with every day that there's no way to get her back. At the same time, I don't think I'm a danger to myself. I haven't the guts. And tomorrow I might feel better.

Day 3. Miserable. Bored. Stuck at home watching reruns of Time Team in my pyjamas. All my friends are still at university for another month or two, and I live in the middle of nowhere an hour from any kind of entertainment. I'd thought maybe I could start driving lessons again once home, but I'm not allowed to drive on my medication.

Being home is still better than being back in college, where I was just staying in bed all day anyway and getting smelly. My friends there were all busy with exams. Here people will make me eat. And wash occasionally. But I hate it. My life is just so sh*te now. I'm ashamed that I couldn't handle the breakup, ashamed that I had to quit college, guilty, bored, and depressed. Still waiting for my ex to call. Twice I've drafted emails to her threatening to kill myself if I can't get her back, before deciding that such threats are totally not the answer. What kind of relationship could be based on that, even if it worked? And what have I become, that I even considered that??

I used to be normal..

I'm not where you are Igelchen, but I definitely understand the "not feeling normal" I don't feel like myself. I keep making myself do things that I would normally enjoy, but all I want to do is stay in bed.

Don't feel ashamed about how you handled the break up. Think of it this way, you felt strongly about another human being. If you're like this with the wrong person imagine how good it will be when the right girl comes along.

Be well

I will not feel bad for myself

i will not feel bad fro myself

i will not feel bad for myself

Day 14.

It's funny how time makes a difference. It's also funny how much my moods can jump from positive to negative in a few minutes. The first days, I felt relieved. He has dumped me many times in the past. I am quite used to this. Middle of the first week, I felt horrible. I cried while looking at our pictures from our Caribbean vacation, last year.

This week I got an inner ear infection and my equilibrium was all out of whack! I thought it was panic attacks but I went to see a doctor, and all is fine now. While I was in the hospital lobby, I saw a couple watching a movie together on their laptop. He was petting her hair and she was smiling.

I want that! I will get that!

My ex was so cold sometimes.

day 4. I haven't heard from my ex for a while. Maybe she's given up contacting me this time. My brother and his wife came over last night for dinner and he brought some of his new music with him. My first date with my ex was at one of his gigs, one of the best nights I ever had, and we bonded over his music. She listened to it non-stop in the first months of the relationship.

I emailed one of the new songs, about dealing with a break-up, to her this morning.

I hate happy couples on TV. I want that. Why can't I have that?

I still have a plane ticket to her place booked for the 19th. I can't cancel it. I still think about going and surprising her. She said she'd hide from me if she knew I was going. So I'd just turn up at her door...

No good can come of this.

Day: 40+

It's been a long journey. And i've decided to leave ENA for a little while; especially the getting back together forum. It's a drawback for my healing process right now.

I've been feeling really good lately. I doubt we'll ever get back together.

But I feel like I couldn't care less at the moment.

She dumped me. And if she would come back, I doubt i'd be able to take her back... My feelings for her are shattered. And there's no possibility to glue those pieces back together to form the love I once caressed for her.

For all those people still hoping for their exes to come back. If i can be honest to you guys; stop wasting your time waiting for someone who has ripped out your heart, because they should've realised what they had, when they had it. Not when they left it.

Kudos my friends. Have a great journey, and remember to stay strong!

well back to day 1...broke NC yesterday to email my ex....it was necessary, i feel. i know today i done the right thing, being accused of cheating was eating me up inside and stopping me from moving forward, today i would if been flying out to see him...i did hope he's text to tell me to come, hahaha who am i fooling!

anyway feeling better after the email..now i don't have any urges to contact him.