guys, does this really happen?

pinkrobot

When you're in a relationship, if you go to hang out with your friends and you're supposed to call your girlfriend, do you ever actually FORGET to call her? And hear from her hours later, and suddenly realize you just completely forgot?

Just wondering, because as a woman (and like most women I know), my boyfriend at least crosses my mind ever 15-20 minutes or so, so even if I forgot to call him I'd figure it out sooner or later when the thought of him popped into my head. Does this not happen with guys?

In my experiences, the guy I was seeing never really forgot to call me. They always called after they hung out at friends. Like he'd call me while he was driving home or something... or sometimes while he was hanging out with his friends, I'd text him, and he'd text me back, and he would probably say that he'd call me back later, which he did. I guess he was just good at that, but yeah I guess there could be guys out there who probably do honestly forget.

my guy would still text me once in a while even if he's out with the guys. he would also inform me when he already got home, and i appreciate it a lot. i think it's a sweet gesture. but then again, i think it's also possible to forget, especially if you've had plenty of booze...

I dated a girl 4 years ago that would always text the hell out of me when I was out. If I didn't respond the texts would begin to pile up lol. Sometimes you just forget. I got chewed out a few times. Funny part is, she went out one time and totally blew me off the whole day/night. It was like she was trying to teach me a lesson. The next day she called and asked me to come over at like 5pm. I told her sure, be there in a bit. I called 2 of friends and asked them to the bar. I showed up at her place 8am the morning.

No idea what the point of this story is other than don't play games and try to give them a little room. I just felt like sharing it on a Friday morning=p

Thanks for the feedback so far, everyone. Just to clarify one thing, I had heard from him already earlier in the night.

My boyfriend had called me about 4 hours prior to this and we talked for a bit. He said he'd call me a little later on (because of work schedules we've been unable to hang out for a couple days now) and he knew I needed to go to bed at a decent hour to get up for work today. But, today is his day off so he was up late playing video games with his friend and after midnight I hadn't heard from him. When I called him, that's when it clicked for him that it was so late and he admitted he forgot to call.

So it wasn't that he'd neglected to talk to me the whole day, I HAD talked to him a few hours beforehand.

Thanks for the feedback so far, everyone. Just to clarify one thing, I had heard from him already earlier in the night.

My boyfriend had called me about 4 hours prior to this and we talked for a bit. He said he'd call me a little later on (because of work schedules we've been unable to hang out for a couple days now) and he knew I needed to go to bed at a decent hour to get up for work today. But, today is his day off so he was up late playing video games with his friend and after midnight I hadn't heard from him. When I called him, that's when it clicked for him that it was so late and he admitted he forgot to call.

So it wasn't that he'd neglected to talk to me the whole day, I HAD talked to him a few hours beforehand.

Oh. Well I guess that's not such a big deal, you had talked to him earlier and it sounds like he just lost track of time

Archived