And the point is?

Atomicitica

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is anyone, or are you speaking to me personally?

well lovely...you can only disillusion those that want to be disillusioned. Quite convenient and very indicative of the fact your position is so weak as to have little or no effect on those that disagree with your paradigm of self-disillusionment.

On top of that...your statement comes from the premise you're in a 'better' position than I am.

I have been in your position before- I do feel better. But I had to take steps to make that happen. I opted for Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.

And what can anyone do to make themselves "get better" that really isn't a form of anesthesia?

Clinical depression is like an anesthesia to happiness. You will be numb and blind to happiness as long as this illness has you under it's cloud. You will only see the bad in the worid.

well lovely...you can only disillusion those that want to be disillusioned. Quite convenient and very indicative of the fact your position is so weak as to have little or no effect on those that disagree with your paradigm of self-disillusionment.

This isn't a debate forum and I wasn't attempting to engage you in a debate.

Ok, so you are here basically to validate your right to feeling and thinking exactly the way that you do.

Fair enough.

Are you satisfied with your method so far?

HAHAAHA.....and how is that different from what you are doing. Glass houses. Someone comes in here saying they're thinking a certain way and about to blow their brains out....and your immediate response would be to 'convert' their thinking to your way of thinking. I'm no more or less satisfied than you are in the 'methods' respect. I am satisfied that I'm the counterbalance force of nature.

You are welcome to post your opinions- but realize that they are simply opinions. Other members have the right to post theirs too- but we do not tolerate disrespect toward our members. If you only want people to agree with you- then you are on the wrong forum. Berating our members will not be allowed.

I have been in your position before- I do feel better. But I had to take steps to make that happen. I opted for Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.

Clinical depression is like an anesthesia to happiness. You will be numb to happiness as long as this illness has you under it's cloud. You will only see the bad in the worid.

Clinical depression is like an anesthesia to happiness.

Depression is the absence of happiness. Not the cover up of it.

You are welcome to post your opinions- but realize that they are simply opinions. Other members have the right to post theirs too- but we do not tolerate disrespect toward our members. If you only want people to agree with you- then you are on the wrong forum. Berating our members will not be allowed.

how did i berate them? they said "OK, so you are here basically to validate your right to feeling and thinking exactly the way that you do. "....and i have a counterclaim that they're doing the same thing. But i suppose in your view not agreeing with you is berating. Guess I'm not the close minded one after all.

HAHAAHA.....and how is that different from what you are doing. Glass houses. Someone comes in here saying they're thinking a certain way and about to blow their brains out....and your immediate response would be to 'convert' their thinking to your way of thinking. I'm no more or less satisfied than you are in the 'methods' respect. I am satisfied that I'm the counterbalance force of nature.

You are more than entitled to your perspective, this is mine:

Someone comes here so unhappy they are contemplating ending their life. I can only assume that because they sought assistance that deep down they want to live. All I do is help them to understand that their situation may very well be temporary and that they may feel entirely differently about their relative chances at happiness in the future. I may make suggestions and I hope that they find what they need. Nobody is under any obligation to be here, not them and not me.

Seem when someone outguns you as far as an argument FOR suicide...you think its berating. Especially when they out your false flowery logic.

how did i berate them? they said "OK, so you are here basically to validate your right to feeling and thinking exactly the way that you do. "....and i have a counterclaim that they're doing the same thing. But i suppose in your view not agreeing with you is berating. Guess I'm not the close minded one after all.

Your tone was not very respectful. You used bold letters which is the equivalent of "yelling" online

HAHAAHA.....and how is that different from what you are doing.
You are more than entitled to your perspective, this is mine:

Someone comes here so unhappy they are contemplating ending their life. I can only assume that because they sought assistance that deep down they want to live. All I do is help them to understand that their situation may very well be temporary and that they may feel entirely differently about their relative chances at happiness in the future. I may make suggestions and I hope that they find what they need. Nobody is under any obligation to be here, not them and not me.

I seek truth and understanding and some nugget of non-flowery logic that 'makes it all better'. But what I see is what i expected. No one knows anything...only the same phrase "stick it out" and "trust in god".

So does that mean you are here to tell us who you are? Do you think it important to give any suicidal people here the benefit of your opinions? Do you think you might be able to help someone? Encouraging suicide is not allowed here.

Seem when someone outguns you as far as an argument FOR suicide...you think its berating. Especially when they out your false flowery logic.

Call it what you want, but no one spoke to you in the same condescending tone that you used here toward others.

So can I ask, what has happened in your life that has led you to your current views? Did you feel this way as a young child too?

What is your story?

I...think...you are very smart and an emotional person to your credit...but don't over-architect the meaning of life.

There may be a spirtual higher power, but our perception a plan is predicated on the idea that there is a plan. What if we were given the talents and circumstances as a gift, but after that we were on our own? Think about the possibilities! For yourself. For how you perceive others?

Just staying positive here, but life music is more like a jazz or blues improvisation than a perfectly timed concerto. Every morning bring new possibilities! Every evening the chance to remember the day.

Peace and happiness.

wow...I have a 9mm loaded and ready and you're arguing about font? seriously? One more of a million indications of a screwed up world.

You need to seek help.

Your 9mm is not the answer. I think you know that somewhere deep down- otherwsie you would not have found us. Even though you do not like me, I'm glad you are posting here.

you don't get it. its a lie. you are a lie. what you tell others is a lie to keep your own sanity. you are scared at the truth that you're just bones and flesh and sacks of deification and there are people outside your door that will kill you and take everything you have and at any moment we might get blown up or you might get some disease and the economy will collapse and you will be alone. because that can all happen. it does to those who least suspect it. you spout lies that it WILL get better...that there IS a plan. But you do not know. You recycle the same concept that you are in the right and that your life is worthy. In 200 years you will be nothing and probably have made little difference except making another monkey that does the same crap over and over again.

it is repugnant that people with sacks over their heads will put sacks over other peoples heads to blind them from the reality of awfulness around them. THAT is what you are doing. You see people that are looking with eyes wide open at the reality of their situation and you want to blind them to it with your lies. You want to spread this notion of humanity and love and god and a master plan and universal wonder. There is nothing beyond that darkness except your false hope.

You are very articulate but I still don't agree with you. I don't care about 200 years and primates- I worry about the here and now.

Just as I don't know there is a plan- you don't know that there isn't one.

Debating with me is basically a lost cause. You will not convince me of your views. But I would like to convince you to put the gun down- at least for now. What do you have to lose in being open to seek help?

If it doesn't work then you can always continue on with your plan later. Why the rush?

Archived