And the point is?

Atomicitica

What makes you all so right. Because there are more of you? Where is it written that happiness is the purpose...that fun is the purpose? The book of Jewish myths is just that. A book written by people...passed down....added to and changed over time. But you all hold onto it like a life preserver. Its pathetic. Everyone runs from the pain of reality.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good happy sheep. God likes your type...easier to catch i'm sure.

Believe what you will.

But, at the end of the day, I am happy and so are many of the people who have tried to give you advice. And, you are quite miserable.

Perhaps you need to rethink your definition of "intelligence". If your type of "intelligence" leads you down a path of misery and anger, then it might be time for a change.

What makes you all so right. Because there are more of you? Where is it written that happiness is the purpose...that fun is the purpose? The book of Jewish myths is just that. A book written by people...passed down....added to and changed over time. But you all hold onto it like a life preserver. Its pathetic. Everyone runs from the pain of reality.

If you believe that there is no point, it leaves room to create your own personal point.

Such as, "happyness" defers from person to person and varies on a wide range.

If you do not wish to be happy, then come up with your own point to your own life. Do not insult those who obey their own personal truths.

Believe what you will.

But, at the end of the day, I am happy and so are many of the people who have tried to give you advice. And, you are quite miserable.

Perhaps you need to rethink your definition of "intelligence". If your type of "intelligence" leads you down a path of misery and anger, then it might be time for a change.

So via your logic...drug addicts are very intelligent people since they are happy...if even for a short while. How exactly does intelligence link to being happy? Does that mean we should stop teaching science since it might come into conflict (as it has) with certain teachings of certain religions...because that might make us unintelligent? Your lack of logic and contradictory nature is showing.

So via your logic...drug addicts are very intelligent people since they are happy...if even for a short while. How exactly does intelligence link to being happy? Does that mean we should stop teaching science since it might come into conflict (as it has) with certain teachings of certain religions...because that might make us unintelligent? Your lack of logic and contradictory nature is showing.

I am a science focused person. I reject almost all modern dogmas of religion because they do not fit with how I see this world.

I wouldn't call drug users happy. But, that is another topic.

I mean, that the ability to be happy requires a certain amount of intelligence. If you cannot find something worth living for through logical thought, it is probably your logic that is off, not the world.

I became a lot happier once I stopped running and actually started enjoying life. You should do the same.

So you numbed your brain with happiness. Congrats. You get a veteran sheep badge. Make sure you close your eyes tightly. Reality might accidentally get into your head.

So you numbed your brain with happiness. Congrats. You get a veteran sheep badge. Make sure you close your eyes tightly. Reality might accidentally get into your head.

I didn't numb my brain. It is actually the academics that make me most happy.

However, you shouldn't think yourself into a black place, it goes against the purpose of science.

And, you have no idea what kind of reality I face every day. I have once been in a suicidal place, many of my friends and family members are still in that suicidal place. Some have even taken their lives.

I am a science focused person. I reject almost all modern dogmas of religion because they do not fit with how I see this world.

I wouldn't call drug users happy. But, that is another topic.

I mean, that the ability to be happy requires a certain amount of intelligence. If you cannot find something worth living for through logical thought, it is probably your logic that is off, not the world.

In truth almost everything we do can be compared to drug use. The anticipation, the joy, the come down...the adaptation...then the desire to move onto new things to make us happy. Jumping and jumping all through life trying to avoid reality. Try your intelligence/logic/happiness scenario on some starving kid in africa. I'm not in that situation but i use it to demonstrate...that not everyone can see what you see.

In truth almost everything we do can be compared to drug use. The anticipation, the joy, the come down...the adaptation...then the desire to move onto new things to make us happy. Jumping and jumping all through life trying to avoid reality. Try your intelligence/logic/happiness scenario on some starving kid in africa. I'm not in that situation but i use it to demonstrate...that not everyone can see what you see.

You are not in that situation, yet you preach as if you are.

Perhaps you are the one who needs to check reality and realize that you live a privelaged life.

So A. there is a god....or B. there is not a god

if A = true then there is a plan but is it in our favor....does it result in what you place such importance on: happiness....and how do you know aside from wishful thinking (faith)

if B = true then there is no plan...nor purpose...we're walking * * * * bags and the world is full of vipers and pain and suffering and mortgage foreclosures, and AIDs, and Bush, and torture and 100,000 civilians killed in a worthless war, etc.....etc....etc. now you might say all the more reason to find love and beauty. But that still doesn't answer the question.....what is the point. Its all to be lost in the end.

If A: Then he has a plan and all that is required of us is to be good people and to live good lives (that's my personal faith, it's a tad more complicated but for posting sake)

If B: You now have room to create your own purpose. My purpose is to live a full life. I was given a ample opportunity to do something. Even if it sums up to nothing, it will mean something to me.

"privelaged"? a bit presumptuous no?

If there was someone about to blow their brains out in front of you...you'd have an array of prepped responses for why they shouldn't do it. You'd talk about beauty and family and love and all that good stuff that makes us avoid the darkness. If they were in front of me....all i could do is watch. There is nothing to say.

If there was someone about to blow their brains out in front of you...you'd have an array of prepped responses for why they shouldn't do it. You'd talk about beauty and family and love and all that good stuff that makes us avoid the darkness. If they were in front of me....all i could do is watch. There is nothing to say.

It is said that you have nothing to say.

And these responses are somewhat prepped, because they were what I used to discover my own happiness when I thought of killing myself.

I don't need pity. I don't need false crap flung into my eyes to blind me to the bare world. I wont' tell you what my problems are because I'm already telling you what it all boils down to. What it boils down to for most people wanting to jump, pull the trigger, take the pills, or hang themselves. Alas after a day of this...all i see is dung flying at me. False logic. Idiotic phrases such as life s beauty is you is purpose is family is blah is blah is blah.

I don't need pity. I don't need false crap flung into my eyes to blind me to the bare world. I wont' tell you what my problems are because I'm already telling you what it all boils down to. What it boils down to for most people wanting to jump, pull the trigger, take the pills, or hang themselves. Alas after a day of this...all i see is dung flying at me. False logic. Idiotic phrases such as life s beauty is you is purpose is family is blah is blah is blah.

Once again, it is quite sad that you feel this way.

I will assume that since you have not listed any problems, that you lack any.

Atomicitica you will not treat the moderators that way. Nobody can force you to take the advice offered here but I will not let you disrespect people on the team who are working so hard to try to help you.

Very well. My last posting. This site was of no help. Realize your lies. Bye.

Archived